Frequency out of range?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsteedaz

Solid State Member
Whenever I try to go into some games or apps, a message comes up in the form of like im trying to adjust my monitor's settings (aka the buttons on the monitor) that says the frequency is out of range, try other resolutions. Anybody got any ideas. I'm stumped. I was "exploring" my Nvidia graphics options before this happened, dont know if that helps. Thanks!!

SO this is a recent Problem?
Google, download and follow the instructions of Driver Cleaner Pro, then reinstall the latest drivers for your card off the manufacturers Site.

This will most likely fix the problem, If it does not, report back.

try and find a refresh rate overrider. it means the monitor cannot handle the refresh rate being as high as the video card is outputting.

what's your video card?

downloaded and am reading the readme and it says:
nVidia:
1. Unplug nic card or modem from net or disconnect
2. Remove nvidia from add/remove programs
3. Reboot into safe mode (F8 during boot up)
4. Disable any AntiVirus Software (If you don't disable is than it could give trouble)
5. Run Cab Cleaner (not needed, but recommended)
6. Run Driver Cleaner
7. Empty recycle bin and reboot
8. Install the new drivers
I'm not too good with computers, and uhh basically what am i doing by doing this?

Nvidia GeForce 6150LE, Came with the computer, the monitor is older though, don't know much about it.

I found what I think a refresh rate override is in my nvidia settengs, it was on 80 Hertz, set it to 60 hertz and still didn't work...

When I tried it after I reset the refresh rate to 60 Hertz, The message was 75.6 KHz/ 60.2Hz frequency is out of range, try other resolutions. Same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom