Ways to make money off an old computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Zip1

In Runtime
Yeah well, i got this computer in my room that my parents think i should use for homewerk etc. :S. so yeah it has its own Internet DSL [We have Cable for my other computer, for some reason, the didnt want a network] but yeah.. the computer is just sum, p2. 233mhz, 128 mb ram. i was wondering if thier is anything i can do with this computer with its own internet connection?. like a ftp server?, website server?. or is this just a loss cause because it will be incredibly slow?. but yeah, any ideas would be nice, becuase im not even using it right now, so basically my parents are waisting 30 buckz a month on the DSL line :S. but yeah thankz for any help.

why not just get a wireless router & wireless NIC and share the cable internet with it? tell your parents that would save them money by not needing DSL. you can't really make any money with it that i can think of, not enough to make up the $30 difference anyways

Whats an NIC? I have DSL and am spending about 50 bucks a month on it and would love to save a buck or two!

he has cable and DSL internet. you dont have that option 2crunk. why $50? are you using business class DSL?

lol. well the question has nothen to do with the whole 2 internet issuez anywayz guys. but yeah i dunno. my parents are messed i think they get the cable internet for free er sumthen and we already has the DSL and its on a like 3 year contract or sum BS like that. but yeah. so any ideaz. on what i can do.?. or what... Ohh yeah.. 2crunk. the netwerk card is just for the netwerking. NIC - Network Interface Card, for connecting ur internet etc.

oh cool, thanx for the info, also EK/ i have plain jane DSL except that i am using their modem. I dont have a contract with them so i can cancel anytime, does anyone have any suggestions where i could go to save $ and if so how much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom