Help OCing Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

bzflag

In Runtime
So I have done a ton of reading and tweaking this weekend. Specs are in my sig. I've got my CPU and Video Cards OCed and stable, but I'm not sure if I did the memory right.
memory.jpg

cpu.jpg

I have Everest as well and can get screen shots of anything else you guys might need. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No it wasn't done properly, the memory is realy underclocked and you can raise the HT link speed. You want to keep the HT link speed at around 1000 and the memory at 200 or higher.

and your not even running it to spec :ozc platinum specs

And its meant to be overclocked, so i would up it to the specs (frequency, voltage, and timings) and then start to increase the frequency 5mhz (10mhz if your impatient like me :p) and increase the voltage when you need to. I would do this till you have a 1:1 divider with your cpu.

I have the same ram only the 1GB version and it's perfectly stable all the way up to 280Mhz. You have to seriously decrease that divider. Try and overclock without touching the ram. See what that gives you. I think that ram is rated for 250MHz anyway.

memory2.jpg

slot1.jpg

How does that speed look? It seems to completely ingore my timing changes, and is different between the 2 screens?

That's much much better. Now use CBID to set different timmings in windows to find the lowest timmings.

Well CBID seems to lock up my computer every time I try to change the Cas# Latency. Also it seems like every time I check my timings in the bios and from cpuz seem they've changed. Is that normal?

It locks up because the ram can run with the cas latency at those speeds, so tighten some other timmings. CPU-z is sometimes unreliable, in this case it is so don't trust it.

I assume you meant can't run at those speeds. I think I got it down to the stock timings last night at 250mhz, but I don't completely remember. I'll take some more screen shots tonight when I get off of work.

Thanks for your help guys and esp. reggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom