Hp compaq nc6000, locking up and not booting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan

Solid State Member
My dad is a diesel mechanic and he uses a laptop as a diagnostic tool, and there two problems with it. So he brought it home to see if I could fix it. First of all when you push the power button, you can hear the fan spinning, one light comes, the one with the little lighting bolt, the power light does not come on. The fan will spin for ten seconds or so and then turn off. Sometimes it turns on right away and boots up. But most of the time it does not. So I spend 15-20 minuets pushing the power button, then I eventually boots up. I searched the hp support site for ways to fix this. It told me to reseat the memory. So I did. Nothing changed. It also to me to run a hard drive self test. I did and everything was fine. The second thing is that when logged in it just stops; it just locks up, even if IÂ’m not running a program. The hp support told me to go into the bois and set them to default. I did, nothing changed. So now IÂ’m stuck. So if anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

I wish i could help but i hate mechanics cause there making cars to expensive to fix. Its not like i will get a discount if i go there with a car related problem if i tell you how to fix that laptop.

But oh well try reformating that always helps me out.

well frist of all, hes a diesel mechanic, he does not work on cars, hes work on heavy machinery, like skiders, delimber, excvators, logging equipment, and the laptops a company laptop so i dont thinck i wipe it.

oh sorry now i get what your saying. Its probably the motherboard or power supply but i think that the power supply is built on the motherboard. If the power supply isn't built on the motherboard then replace that and the laptop should work fine.

You should have him get the laptop RMA'd (depending on if it is still under warrenty or not)... If they have an IT department, thats where he should start... if not, have him give it to his manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom