Motherboard advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

manowar

In Runtime
Hi all,

Currently, I'm in the process of shopping for new PC components, as I'm building my own PC.

Currently, I've ordered Intel Core 2 DUO E6600 "LGA775 Conroe" 2.40GHz CPU and a Akasa EVO 120 Heatpipe Copper Heatsink to go with it.

I'm also planning on purchasing Nvidia's Geforce 8800 GTX's little brother, the GTU, as I cannot afford the GTX.

I'm not planning on using SLI with two graphics cards, as I cannot afford it, hence why I'm just purchasing the one card.

I'm not 100% clued up on motherboards, though. I know I need to purchase either a Intel 775 (socket 975X or 965P) mobo, of some sort.

I've found two that I think will do for my needs, and are in my budget range, including the Abit AW9D-MAX Intel 975X (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 and the Asus P5B Deluxe (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard

Which one is better? Or is there a motherboard out there which you guys recommend which is in the £100 range?

I'm also planning on purchasing DDR2 PC2-6400 800 RAM, 2GB. Would this OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC2-6400 Dual Channel Platinum Revision 2 XTC suffice?

Thanks all.

The 975 is better than the 965, but the nVidia 680 is better than both. But they ain't cheap.

Thanks Trotter. So the 975X mobo that I listed would be good enough? What about the RAM I mentioned? Is that ok, too?

Also, can anyone tell me if there's a difference between the BFG, Albatron etc Geforce 8800 graphics cards? Or none at all?

a lot here take the gigabyte DS3 has good reviews and has nice overclocking, i dont mean to hijack this thread but nice nick can you send me there greatest song names Thanks good luck with your new rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom