Laptop Won't Burn CDs in Media Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorsoft

Fully Optimized
So I'm working on this laptop for a customer. The drive's fine since cds burn in Explorer and CyberLink just fine but they always error out towards the end when burned in Media Player. The woman who owns the computer is too dumb to burn them in another program and needs WMP to do it, nothing else will suffice.
The result is the same with WMP9 and 11, even freshly installed. No programs are running in the background that shouldn't be and the result is also the same when they're turned off. Any Ideas?

What kind of burner is it? Could possibly be the settings in WMP? I tried burning a DVD in WMP, it didn't like that at all...

Yeah tell her WMP is the worst app to use for burning.

ImgBurn, Nero among others are way better. If she refuses to use a different app she is just to lazy to learn how to click a few buttons and shouldnt use a PC in the first place.

Not to sound harsh but WMP sucks when burning music and DVD's. She should use something else.

I agree with the above, she should just use Cyberlink, I have it, and it burns great, I'm not sure if it does good with CD's, but DVD's burn quick and great...

Makaveli213 said:
Yeah tell her WMP is the worst app to use for burning.

ImgBurn, Nero among others are way better. If she refuses to use a different app she is just to lazy to learn how to click a few buttons and shouldnt use a PC in the first place.

Not to sound harsh but WMP sucks when burning music and DVD's. She should use something else.
I know I know, I agree totally but she's extremely *****y and defensive when I tried to show her how to use Cyberlink. Because she's covered by a warranty she's wants her computer to work exactly as she thinks it should :rolleyes:
Anyways, the tech working on it before me must've given me the wrong info because now it's not buring CDs under anything, WMP, Explorer, Cyber, Nero, nothing works.......

I was going to say that you should install the nero plugin for wmp. what kind of burner is it?

I understand why you'd want to be able to burn cds with WMP. If you use it to listen to your albums and you have your library nicely organised then it would be much easier to just right click on an album and add to burn list as opposed to hunting around your hard disk looking for files and adding them to nero.

I would just check the WMP options and consider reinstalling chipset drivers (I have problems with my CD-Drive if I use the Nvidia IDE driver)

EricB said:
I was going to say that you should install the nero plugin for wmp. what kind of burner is it?
Dual layer dvd burner, not sure what brand. Would the nero plugin work even though she doesn't have nero installed on her machine? We just used a store copy to test it.
Anyways I think this problem got fixed one way or another over the weekend. I'm a salesperson, I was just pitching in for a few hours because I have such l33t 5ki11z in computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom