Will this laptop be enough for me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daxia333

Beta member
Starting to get time to buy a new laptop. I was thinking about DELL 9400 inspiron with the following specs.

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T7200 (2.0 GHz, 4 MB L2 cache, 667 MHz FSB)
Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
3 years "at your home" waranty
17" Wide Screen WXGA+(1440x900)
2048 MB 533 MHz DDR2 SDRAM(2 x 1024)
120GB (5,400 rpm) SATA Hard Drive
8X DVD+/-RW
256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™Go 7900 GS

Now, I have some questions

1. I am no hardcore gamer, but I want to be able to play some games. I mostly play RPG's. Will games like oblivion work flawless on this system (not on the higest settings ofcourse) ?

2. Is this system enough for using windows Vista ?

3. Does anyone know how this 3 years "at your home" waranty works ? I will buy my compuiter in Sweden, but I spend most of my time in China. If anything happens to my comp here in China, will I be able to reapair it for free here aswell ?

4. Whats the difference between a screen with "True Life" and the ones without it ? Is it a must have ?

5. Does anyone know how many USB ports this modell has ?

thanks in advance

1. Yes
2. Oh yeah
3. They won't come out to your home in China. At best you'll be reimbursed for repairs costs(take it to a local repair shop and mail them the receipt and hope for the best) and at worst you'll be SOL.
You should lok into this before buying the warranty, it might not be worth it in the end.
4. I believe that Truelife is just a higher res screen, I've heard it's worth it.
5. I don't know for sure myself but it'll be anywhere from 2-4 usb ports. I would assume 4.

jorsoft03

Thanks for the fast reply. I will check in on the waranty issue as soon as I get back to Sweden.

Good enough.. But PC2 4200 533Mhz DDR2 SDRAM is not good enough.. Look for some (or try if they offer upgrades) 667Mhz one...Or try to ask Dell if Inspiron's Mobo supports up to 667Mhz RAM...that one is faster..That system is already up to date but if you are not after your money, then try the latest Core 2 Duo T7600 @ 2.33Ghz.. That will be good since new technologies will be coming...Say Penryn.=)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom