Super annoying problem with headphone jack on front of case

Status
Not open for further replies.

quiq

Baseband Member
I bought a Sunbeam Trio computer case a year ago and it has a headphone jack in the front. I plug my headphones into it and it gives me all kinds of noises (amplifies hard-drive activity, can hear fan motion, and general annoying high pitched hissing). Its not much a problem when I have music blasting but it is when I have them on and nothing is playing.

I'd really like the convenience of front port head phone access but will plug it into the back if need be. The thing is, the sound inputs on the back of the case (from motherboard) don't work. I've tried fixing it but it wont output sound.

My question is, is it common for computer cases with front headphone jacks to give extra feedback noises through headphones compared to plugging into a sound card? Does my problem have to do with the case itself, the motherboard, or something I did wrong?

Also, would buying a cheap PCI soundcard and plugging it into the back probably fix my problem? I want to be able to plug my headphones and listen to music without any extra noise coming out of them except music

i had the same problem w/ my front headphone jack. whenever i would talk, people tell me im getting crazy feedback. the one on the motherboard sounded fine.

Its horrible. Unless someone has a better idea I'll look for the cheapest soundcard I can get at Frys and see if it fixes it. Just hope it doesnt conflict with my Motherboards on-board sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom