Zalman 9500 price spike

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancec2c30

Future ex-member
My christmas list is depending highly on not having any price fluctuation, and guess what happens the frick'n zalamn9500 goes back up to $64! What the ****? I mean it sat at $44 forever an now they do this. Newegg has officialy ****** me off this time. Does anyone think it will go back down for Christmas sales?

i know i have a zalman 9500 myself, but i wish i went with a syscthe ninja or big typhoon. They seem to give better temps then the zalman, and they are a little cheaper compared to $64.

The Scythe Ninja and Big Typhoon and also big and heavy mothers. I feel much safer with a 9500 in my system than one of those.

And the price wasn't at $44 "forever," more like for two weeks or so. Its been $65 since the day it came out. Now the price is just back to normal.

The 9500 will go back down, wait on it.

I got it last week for $42.99, before that it was $63.

Same thing happened on our first build, and finally it went down to $48.

Also every once in awhile coolerguys.com will have it on sale.

zalman fan doesn't fit in my motherboard

So, I have just bought the gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 and this stupid crazy cool plate on the bottom prevents me from being able to mount the zalman 9500 to my board. I was wondering if anyone knows a good fan and heatsink that I could buy that will fit this particular motherboard. And I know some people saw their motherboard to make the fan fit, I don't want to try that at all.

Bit of a thread hijack, but...Most heatsinks won't work with that motherboard. The eVGA 680i motherboard has the exact same problem, which is why I don't recommend it.

I sent an email to newegg to asking if it will go back on sail before the holidays end. it is probably useless but worth a shot.

TriEclipse said:
Bit of a thread hijack, but...Most heatsinks won't work with that motherboard. The eVGA 680i motherboard has the exact same problem, which is why I don't recommend it.

You can mount after market coolers on the evga board?! Could you explain more please.

Edit: After reading the reviews on newegg I came across this

"I ended up finding that the "ZALMAN CNPS9500" was the best fan/heatsink for this board. There are some resistors that are close to the cpu socket which limits you. Its almost as if Zalman and EVGA got together to make this work for them."

If this is true, I dont know what your talking about.

Most coolers do not work with the eVGA 680i motherboard by default; There is the aforementioned metal plate on the bottom that prevents you from mounting on any non-standard heatsink. Mind you, I don't have personal experience with this as I cannot afford a $250 motherboard, but its what I've read complaints on. Most people that want to make the aftermarket coolers work have been hardcore enough to take to modding the motherboard and that plate to make the coolers fit. So you can mount aftermarket coolers on the eVGA 680i, it just takes a bit of skill (and guts).

EDIT: I'm doing a bit of research on it now (Newegg reviews are noob) and it seems like there isn't a metal plate on the back. Infact, there is the plate that comes with most aftermarket coolers that goes on the back of the motherboard that poses a problem. I should've known this as I also have a Zalman that came with one of those. The area where the backplate for the cooler is mounted has some capacitors that are likely to get crushed if you try to mount it there. People have been using a Dremel to make holes or hollow out the backplate so as to give the capacitors room. The thing that I'm looking at specifically used a Zalman cooler, so I don't know what that Newegg review was talking about.

TriEclipse said:
Most coolers do not work with the eVGA 680i motherboard by default; There is the aforementioned metal plate on the bottom that prevents you from mounting on any non-standard heatsink. Mind you, I don't have personal experience with this as I cannot afford a $250 motherboard, but its what I've read complaints on. Most people that want to make the aftermarket coolers work have been hardcore enough to take to modding the motherboard and that plate to make the coolers fit. So you can mount aftermarket coolers on the eVGA 680i, it just takes a bit of skill (and guts).

EDIT: I'm doing a bit of research on it now (Newegg reviews are noob) and it seems like there isn't a metal plate on the back. Infact, there is the plate that comes with most aftermarket coolers that goes on the back of the motherboard that poses a problem. I should've known this as I also have a Zalman that came with one of those. The area where the backplate for the cooler is mounted has some capacitors that are likely to get crushed if you try to mount it there. People have been using a Dremel to make holes or hollow out the backplate so as to give the capacitors room. The thing that I'm looking at specifically used a Zalman cooler, so I don't know what that Newegg review was talking about.

One of my friends got the 680i and the zalman 9500 and they're just fine, except the 9500 is huge and he had to take off his case's side fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom