Replacing my Pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie_da_man

Fully Optimized
The pump in my TT BigWater SE is getting a little annoying. There something that's rattleing and it's really starting to bug me. I was wondering if I could replace the pump with something like this. My kir wouldn't blow up would it?

As long as the pump you have now uses that size tubing, youll be fine.

On a side note, doesnt the bigwater have an all in one pump and reservoir?

If that is the case, id reccomend buying a separate one, or using a t-line.

-Andrew

I wou also keep in mind to make sure that the pressure the pump puts out is similar to the old one. If it is higher you might spring a leak.

I have the Bigwater SE which has a seperate reservoir. Another reason why I wanted to buy a new pump is to have faster water flow, the pump for the Bigwater is 90L/H which is pretty pathetic and this one is like 454....hmmm.

I would also purchase some worm drive clamps to place on all the connections in the loop to make sure the higher pressure doesnt make a hose pop off a fitting.

My pump pushes something like 1200 l/hr

:D

My pump pushes something like 1200 l/hr
17100402452.jpg

That's great to hear!

Lol jks... i was looking at some of those pumps and they're huge, I don't think I need one that big. What are worm drive clamps anyway?

Ok so if I got those what would I do with the clamps that I have now? I don't think that those would keep the hoses secure. It looks like they'd slip off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom