Is this worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wwiht a low budget that would rock... if you want this pc to last a lil bit longer youd want to get the e6600 bc it has 4m cache ... that will help in the future......

Cool that sounds gd, i i really couldnt afford the e6600, should i perhaps go for that graphics card upgrade or is that not worth it? Also would i be able to get an e6600 at a later (richer ;)) date? I really just want to make sure i can play most games highest, high graphics, and run everything smoothly. Thx for fast resppnse btw m8

yip you will be able to upgrade the cpu later because they all use the same socket(LGA775)

i agree with fade2black on this one... im sure that PSU will be sufficient but if you even plan on overclocking that CPU than I would recommend upgrading the PSU to something that is at least 450W & 30A for any future upgrades

KK thats cool guys, assuming i dont overclock anything or upgrade anything, will that PSU be sufficient untill new upgrades are purchased? If i get that graphics card upgrade from the site for £20 extra, will PSU still run it?

That is a really tough call dude, I know that the X1900XT 512mb requires a minimum of 450W (assuming full load) 12V & 30A .. I personally would not trust a 380W powersupply with that computer. I plan on going crossfire with my X1900 so that is why I have the 600W enermax. I would not trust anything less than a quality 450W PSU if I were you, because a rule of thumb is to spend at least 10% of your rigs total on your PSU.. so $1000 computer.. $100 power supply.. not worth risking your rig dude.

Brilliant advice people thankyou very much, any help possibe on where i can get a really good gaming rig for £600 or less? Or if its particularl special i could stretch budget a wee bit further perhaps ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom