Newbie overclock help

Status
Not open for further replies.

slvrstang

Daemon Poster
well

i have a K8V se deluxe mobo w/ amd 64 3200+ @2.0Ghz

i have tried overclocking and failed

I go into the bios and raise the Bus speed from 200mhz (2.0Ghz processor speed) to about 220 and the computer fails to boot. So i turned it down to 210 and it boots find but when i ran 3dmark i got a lower score overclocked than i did at stock speeds

is there something i should know, any guides/links would be appreciated.

hmm... when u boot when u OCed, do any fans turn and if they do are they turning at full speed? is everything else working inside the case that is suppost to be??? im asking this becuase maybe ur PSU is not strong enough. eaither that or its ur motherboard. It cant support it.

all fans turn on like normal

i also think it is the PSU because i have read about the K8V SE deluxe w/ AMD 64 3200+ combo doin quite well in overclocking yet mine fails. Could it be the ram? What ram setting should i use? Auto or manual?

slvrstang said:
all fans turn on like normal

i also think it is the PSU because i have read about the K8V SE deluxe w/ AMD 64 3200+ combo doin quite well in overclocking yet mine fails. Could it be the ram? What ram setting should i use? Auto or manual?

What are the rams specifications? If the ram can handle cas 2 and its running on auto at cas 3 you should override it. No sense in wasting good memory on such low settings. Also check to see if your ram supports Turbo mode or Ultra mode, diff boards have it listed diff.

slvrstang said:
i heard AMD>Intel for OCing:confused:

I assure you Intel chips are much friendlier when overclocked. I still remember penciling an AMD athlon k7 for a friend just so he could have the option to OC. AMD chips don't get along with this because they already pump a high IPC rate of about 9. Intel does about 6 IPC. So when you OC an AMD chip it undergoes much higher levels of stress.

yeah, AMD's are dishing it out as much as they can, only adding more to it...
your sure your mobo can go higher than 3200+?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom