Need a Gaming System for 2k! (List provided, need Suggestions!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
my top choices are xfx and evga.. MSI has done me good for both a mobo and a graphics card, so i have no beef with them...

and i'll agree with king austin... 22 inches is freakin amazingly awesome and huge

nice i think you guys inspired me to get that 22". Is there anything i should look for in a monitor to determine rather or not its good or not?

only thing i know is the ms has to be low.

well the contrast ratio is anther you should look at, 2000:1 is really nice, and 800:1 should be your minimum. And like you said the response time is also another you should look at if you are going to game with it. 8ms, 5ms, 2ms

Fayt19 said:
nice i think you guys inspired me to get that 22". Is there anything i should look for in a monitor to determine rather or not its good or not?

only thing i know is the ms has to be low.

Out of all the monitor choices that are listed earlier in this thread, you can't go wrong with any of them. Now the question is, does size mater? :p

size? yeah i cant afford no 30" monitor nor would i think i would even want one...

But to tell you the truth if you could find a monitor that can reach 1600x1200 that would be awesome. I heard thats the perfect gaming res.

But it would have to be under 400 dollars. ><

Edit: Just checked...doesnt look like i can find one. but it orders 1680x1050 after 1600x1200. Is there not much of a difference or something? it just seems 1600x1200 would be bigger. I dont know but when i look at when they compare video cards in games they go by 800x600, 1280x1024 and 1600x1200.

Fayt19 said:
size? yeah i cant afford no 30" monitor nor would i think i would even want one...

But to tell you the truth if you could find a monitor that can reach 1600x1200 that would be awesome. I heard thats the perfect gaming res.

But it would have to be under 400 dollars. ><

Edit: Just checked...doesnt look like i can find one. but it orders 1680x1050 after 1600x1200. Is there not much of a difference or something? it just seems 1600x1200 would be bigger. I dont know but when i look at when they compare video cards in games they go by 800x600, 1280x1024 and 1600x1200.

They do those either on a huge *** CRT monitor or a 24" LCD (which are over $700) 1680x1050 is perfect for gaming, and gaming on a 22" is nice :-D

I'm not sure why are you'r links or to newegg when I have you links that were cheaper and didnt charge for shipping. I guess if you like spending more money then go for it.

Jumping_Bean514 said:
I'm not sure why are you'r links or to newegg when I have you links that were cheaper and didnt charge for shipping. I guess if you like spending more money then go for it.

He's not buying right away, just making a list.

oh really? i didnt notice is there a site cheaper then Newegg? Im so used to newegg I never really took the time to look at different sites. they were always cheap to me. What sites do you know?

Fayt19 said:
oh really? i didnt notice is there a site cheaper then Newegg? Im so used to newegg I never really took the time to look at different sites. they were always cheap to me. What sites do you know?

Zipzoomfly.com is a good site I've gotten a few things from, tigerdirect.com has a few things slightly cheaper sometimes, also possibly amazon.com however don't always expect quick shipping if you're ordering from one of their users and not amazon itself (I bought a book once and it took 3 weeks to get here, $%^&*!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom