Reset BIOS Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry

Solid State Member
Gooday All,

I have an embarrassing problem I hope someone can help me with. I have a Gigabyte 8IE533 (Intel 845E Chipset) motherboard and have been playing around with Bios settings. In a nutshell, I've changed some type of "latency" setting. Now, I can't boot up at all, can't get back into the CMOS settings screen. No monitor working - nothing working, just a long, repeated beeping noise. A friend told me to find the reset jumper settings on the motherboard and reset the BIOS. I can't find them and can't see anything in the manual either. I tried the Gigabyte homepage, but no success there either. Can someone PLEASE help me. I feel like a right moron, but I guess I've learnt something from my mistake.

Thanks in advance :)

My system:
Pentium 4 2.4
8IE533 Gigabyte Motherboard (Intel 845E chipset)
512mb PC2100 DDR Ram
80gb WD 7200rpm HDD
Geforce4 128mb DDR Graphics
Lite-On 48x48x24 CDRW
Samsung 52x CDROM
17" Packard Bell Monitor

I can't find a CMOS reset jumper in the manual either.. well, that's what you get for buying a Gigabyte mobo ;)

Anyways, try pulling the battery out for 10-15 minutes, put it back in, and you should be good to go.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT pull out the small silver circular batter (looks like an over sized watch battery). This is VERY likely to cause extensive damage to your hardware and is not recommended.

If the board is relatively new, call for tech support. or RMA it.

LOL, yeah, it would probably not be a good idea to remove the battery with the system powered on hehe.. just like it's not a good idea to remove the processor while the system is turned on.. I just figured turning the computer off first was a given when working with PC hardware :)

As added precaution, I would also unplug the ATX power plug from the mobo itself (the plug with many wires in it).

Sorry I haven't replied for awhile, but I do appreciate all your help. Pulling the battery out (power disconnected, of course) solved the problem. Thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom