Ok heres my dream system..opinions pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellFireRS

Baseband Member
Ok heres a systems ive been building the past few weeks, i allready have 60% of the items, others are sitting in my cart waiting for that next bi-weekly pay check ;).

Here goes, tell me where i could improve or where my strong points are, this will be for gaming, from BF2 to anyother mind blowing graphic games.

Case: Antec Performance P180B (3x 120mm fans, im adding two more 120mm fans to the front spaces).

Monitor: ViewSonic Q19 19'' Widescreen.

PSU: OCZ GameXStream 600x

Mobo: Asus P5N32 (lga 775) nForce 680i

OCZ Platinum 2x2gb PC2 6400

Cpu: Core 2 duo E6600 2.4ghz lga 775

Vid card: eVega GeForce 8800gts

Sound card: SoundBlaster X-Fi

--Extra Cooling---

Thermaltake P4 Spark7 Cpu fan/ heatsink

Zalman VF900 Gpu fan/ heatsink

2 x 120mm fans for air intake for case.

Ok this is my first major build...like i said most the parts are here and the rest are coming, any room to improve on? Or have i made some good choices? I need the input for my conscience :p.

Thanks guys

Ed

good build but I have never heard of or seen that CPU cooler. I'm going to guess that a zalman is better. Also 600w is nice but a 500 is plenty enough for even that build. Although if you have the money the 600 is fine.

Also what do you mean add 2 more in the front? Are you saying replacing the top 2 or trying to make a total of 5? Is that possible with that case to add 2 extra fans out of the blue?

Also....HOLY 2X2GB RAM...I dunno im just gonna take a guess and say wouldnt 4x1gb be alot cheaper? 2GB runs mostly everything great today especially with 768mb on the card. Are you going to need more than 4gb anytime in the near future? Lol i ....dont think..

The case has 3 120mm fans in it allready. blowhole, rear and one behind where the harddrive goes...then when you open the front of the case theres room for two more in front for intakes...so the case would have 5 total 120mm fans. The other 2 for my Gpu and Cpu had good reviews and looking at them here they look very durable and will work nicely. I think the rang on them are 1200rpm - 6000 adjustable.

Yes Im going for the Artic freezer 7 which is almost just as good as the zalman for 12 bucks cheaper, but i'm on a budget lol. That zalman is a very good CPU cooler though, suggest making sure you put some Artic Silver 5 on your coolers though. Best stuff out there IMO.

Yeah case fan loudness shouldn't be a problem as long as you compliment that X-Fi with some nice speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom