cyberpowerpc computer a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanity8me

Solid State Member
hey guys i'm new to this forum and was hoping i can get expert advice on a new system i'm planning on buying to replace my 1.4 athlon with 768mb ram and 60gb hd. instead of building a computer on my own (more like with a friend who can help me) i found, what seems to be, a ridiculous deal from cyberpowerpc.com:

CASE: CyberPower X-Titan Tower 420Watt Case with 8 Open Bays & Side Window (BLACK COLOR)
CPU: (Sckt775)Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6400 CPU @ 2.13GHz 1066FSB 2x1MB L2 Cache EM64T
MOTHERBOARD: (Quad-Core Supports) Asus P5W-DH I975X CrossFire Chipset LGA775 Supports Core 2 Duo CPU FSB1066 DDR2/800 Mainboard w/GbLAN, USB2.0, IEEE1394, &7.1Audio
MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)1GB (2x512MB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair XMS2 Xtreme Memory w/ Heat Spreader)
VIDEO CARD: ATI Radeon X1950 Pro PCI-E x16 256MB VIDEO CARD
VIDEO CARD 2: NONE
LCD Monitor: NONE
HARD DRIVE: Single Hard Drive (320GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
Data Hard Drive: NONE
Optical Drive: PIONEER DVR-111 DUAL FORMAT 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
Optical Drive 2: SONY 16X DVD-ROM (BLACK COLOR)
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

also comes with:
-windows xp pro (with a free upgrade to vista business)
-enermax EG565P (important: will this be enough power and quiet?)
-PS2 microsoft multimedia keyboard
-PS2 microsoft intellimouse optical explorer 4.0A
-3 year warranty (which is standard for all their systems)

all for $1293.. which is $293 more than i originally wanted to spend on a new system.. plus i'll probably have to pay $65 for shipping since it's not one of the "free shipping" models.. so the total would be more like $1358.

i got this price by customizing a Cyberpower SLI GT.. funny thing is that when i customized other versions with the same specs i'd get a much higher price.

here is the link if u'd like to check what other options you feel i should' get instead of the ones i posted above: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/infsligtc2d.asp?v=d

so what do you guys think?

***edit: the memory i'm getting with it is a 1GB (2x512MB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair XMS2 Xtreme Memory w/ Heat Spreader) not "Value Select"

The only way to know is to price everything individually and then do the math. If you are buying products from different venders you need to look at the overall shipping costs, as well. If you do not have the skills to build your own, it looks like a great system although it seems a bit pricey at first glance.

its a great price for not building yourself... only weak spot is the psu... case psu's are notorious for frying your pc or just dieing. i got mine from cyberpowerpc about 6 mo ago... the techsupport sux fyi
i just built my friend a computer from scratch and wish i had done the same for mine... its not that hard. i did it in an evening. oh well, theres always next time

The guys on this board talked my son and I into building our own.

I am very glad we did....it was fun and we learned alot...and the guys on here are a great bunch of guys and they helped with all of our questions.

From now on we will always build. Its really not hard.

RicoDirenzo said:
The only way to know is to price everything individually and then do the math. If you are buying products from different venders you need to look at the overall shipping costs, as well. If you do not have the skills to build your own, it looks like a great system although it seems a bit pricey at first glance.

i actually did and it comes out to be more... but idk can anybody prove me wrong? i went by newegg.com prices..

cwiz said:
its a great price for not building yourself... only weak spot is the psu... case psu's are notorious for frying your pc or just dieing. i got mine from cyberpowerpc about 6 mo ago... the techsupport sux fyi
i just built my friend a computer from scratch and wish i had done the same for mine... its not that hard. i did it in an evening. oh well, theres always next time[/B]

you may have overlooked it in my initial post, but i mentioned that i was getting the enermax EG565P which has 535watt and the sales rep told me to go with enermax if i wanted it to be quiet.. but he also said that for my system i need at least 600watt psu.. which i dont think is correct.. what do u guys think?

Whirlwind said:
The guys on this board talked my son and I into building our own.

I am very glad we did....it was fun and we learned alot...and the guys on here are a great bunch of guys and they helped with all of our questions.

From now on we will always build. Its really not hard.[/B]

see, that was my initial plan, but it just seems like i'd be saving more by getting this system.

Dont you dare add windows XP into the math of the cash. I dunno anyone who has personally ever bought windows besides me uncle...i'll do the match and see lol. Also you'll have to add 50 or 60 bucks or so for a better PSU. I wouldnt trust 420w with an ATI card. Also a a 420w that comes with a case.

Also if its so much more than you intitally planned why get an e6400? Just go for the E6300...its a waste of 40 bucks IMO and about 95% of the other people on this forum

What is this for? gaming?

The product ratio just seems a bit off in my eyes. You have one of the most expensive mobos lined up with the E6400. I would take it down in order to save money and put it somewhere else. The 1950 PRO is a pretty good choice as well.

see the problem with sites like that is that you offer you no selections. They can make that set-up becuase they get deals from those companies when they only put those up on the line. Thats why theres limited choices in what you can buy. I could build a system just a powerful as that for lets say 1000-1070 with a few different parts.

In the end you will also have a greater sense of pride knowing that you selected every part in your dream PC. On the other hand though if you are not too experienced in components and what runs best with this and that then I guess a site like that would be a better choice. In end though dont fool yourself that it will be cheaper . if you were to take every part and find it piece by piece then yea about the same or a bit cheaper becuase as I stated you only have achoice from about 10 cases while there are hundreds of them on newegg or so. If you looked hard you enough you could find combo deals and components just as good for cheaper.

about the sales rep telling you that you need a 600w, he is just trying to get more money out of you. That 535w will do fine.

If you have the option to step down to the e6300 I would do it and get 2gb's of ram. Trust me you will thank yourself in a couple months when you have 2gb instead of one.

Sora said:
Dont you dare add windows XP into the math of the cash. I dunno anyone who has personally ever bought windows besides me uncle...i'll do the match and see lol. Also you'll have to add 50 or 60 bucks or so for a better PSU. I wouldnt trust 420w with an ATI card. Also a a 420w that comes with a case.

Also if its so much more than you intitally planned why get an e6400? Just go for the E6300...its a waste of 40 bucks IMO and about 95% of the other people on this forum

What is this for? gaming?

The product ratio just seems a bit off in my eyes. You have one of the most expensive mobos lined up with the E6400. I would take it down in order to save money and put it somewhere else. The 1950 PRO is a pretty good choice as well.

see the problem with sites like that is that you offer you no selections. They can make that set-up becuase they get deals from those companies when they only put those up on the line. Thats why theres limited choices in what you can buy. I could build a system just a powerful as that for lets say 1000-1070 with a few different parts.

In the end you will also have a greater sense of pride knowing that you selected every part in your dream PC. On the other hand though if you are not too experienced in components and what runs best with this and that then I guess a site like that would be a better choice. In end though dont fool yourself that it will be cheaper . if you were to take every part and find it piece by piece then yea about the same or a bit cheaper becuase as I stated you only have achoice from about 10 cases while there are hundreds of them on newegg or so. If you looked hard you enough you could find combo deals and components just as good for cheaper.

really funny that your sayin not to spend the extra $114 on the xp pro cause my friend was just tellin me the same thing.. i guess i wanted to get it cause of the guaranteed free update to vista business...

lancec2c30 said:
about the sales rep telling you that you need a 600w, he is just trying to get more money out of you. That 535w will do fine.

If you have the option to step down to the e6300 I would do it and get 2gb's of ram. Trust me you will thank yourself in a couple months when you have 2gb instead of one.[/B]

so u guys think that e6300 would be just as good as the e6400?? i'm surprised... i just never thought that after five years i'd only be going up .46Ghz (1.4athlon to 1.86duo core 2)... i mean yeah there's a HUGE difference, but just yknow i at least wanted to have a >2Ghz pc..

also 2gb of ram is gona cost me a lot more... especially if i get it in Xtreme memory version (+$225).. do just about all of you think that 2gb would be a good idea over a 1gb? and a step down to a e6300? i'm kinda surprised...

also, should i pick a cheaper mobo? if so let me know which one from the site that's offered...

Each Core is clocked at 1.86ghz. This is a Core 2 DUO. it evenly splits up the tasks between the two CPU's so its kind of like having a 3.7ghz CPU except you cant use both cores on one thing. Regardless, the C2D have lowered their clock cycles to 14 and their stage pipelines to 12. So a 1.86ghz C2D is actully much faster than a 1.8ghz Anthlon. This is basicly the same ratio of an Anthlon 2.2ghz being compared to about a 3.6 Intel P4.

Plus the CPU is built on a smaller die process (65nm) So having 2 cores that each run at 1.86ghz is really much more than it sounds. Also with a decent mobo and that ram you can OC your C2D E6300 to about 2.8-3.0ghz on the stock CPU fan quite easily. Also this isnt like 5 years ago, OC'ing things wont blow up nearly as easy at all. These CPU's were built to run about 3.0 or so ghz so putting your E6300 even at 2.6ghz would be totally stable.

Also honestly the Corsair XMS you selected is basicly regular ram with an upped voltage for tighter timings. When it comes to the price of the XMS your paying for the trusted name and the fact you dont have the tighten the timings yourself.

Also I would say lower the mobo to some sort of P965 mobo. A good one for around 140 is the Gigabyte P965-DS3. The main use of a P5B-Deluxe is not only the features but the ammount of OC ability it has. Its pretty much the best at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom