What motherboard is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats a great board too, but its new meaning it prob will have some bugs in it which should be fixed after a couple of bios releases. If you want sli go for it, but if you don't want to sli, then its a waste of money and p5b-deluxe would be just the same(when not wanting sli).

p5b-deluxe = ocing friendly
p5w-deluxe= ocing friendly and crossfire ready, and sli (w/ hack drivers but you should just get the evga 680i if you want sli)
evga 680i = havn't seen much ocing w/ it on these forums, but its supposed to be a good ocer, sli ready, but its new so it will prob go through a couple of bios releases till its solid.
asus striker = VERY good ocer, sli ready, and well a SWEET mobo all around, but expensive

I keep seeing this ASUS Striker come up. So its a really good mobo? Maybe i should work some things out and get that instead. I see something that says it requires a -5v Rail?

It is probably the best Mobo. only problem is....ITS FRICKIN 408 BUCKS.
LOL Go with the 209 buck P5B-Deluxe, that is like your best bet. Even the 182 one is good.

i'd go with the evga personally, if you have funds and are looking to go sli. otherwise that p5b-deluxe is a sweet mobo. or even the gigabyte ds3 i've heard alot of good about.

i would go with the EVGA because form what ive seen it is a great overclcoker and performs really well. that and its 150 bucks cheaper then the striker

accually i just read that the eVGA has a lot of problems that you cant put most heatsinks on it because of a metal plate under it.

Fayt19 said:
accually i just read that the eVGA has a lot of problems that you cant put most heatsinks on it because of a metal plate under it.

No, some heatsinks have a bracket you can place behind your motherboard, however for most it is NOT necessary, just there to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom