No Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

alnilla

Baseband Member
I am having problems with my parents computer at home. There is nothing being displayed on the monitor. The computer boots up and no beeps or anything. The LCD is fine I hooked it up to the other computer and comes on fine. My first reaction was that the video card was bad so i got a pci card and put it in ( I removed the agp card ) Anyway nothing still on the computer screen. So I took the ram out of the computer and i am getting no beeping or anything. So what are the possible list of problems. The CPU fan comes on and it runs. I let it just run for hours and it doesnt shut of so i am assuming that its not a processor problem.

Thanks guys

How did you troubleshoot the video card ? Please explain it better/clearer (Sounds like the card is dead or maybe the slot is dead).

What i did to troubleshoot the card was i tried it with different monitors. Tried it on a CRT and a LCD and nothing at all. I tried another agp card in the slot and it wouldnt turn on the screen. I figured right there that it was the agp slot. So i bought a PCI card and i am getting the same results. There is nothing in the AGP slot right now at all.

Do you have anything else in your PCI slots that is currently working (ie a sound card, ethernet card etc ) ?

no ram = no video. if you have more than one stick of ram put it in the slot closest to the processor. i belive if u have a video card and then try to use onboard video u have to disable something in the bios.

I fixed the problem before reading the post above. The ram was pop out a little bit. The battery on the mobo was dead so it wasnt making any beeping noises. The pci card works fine. The agp slot is shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom