XPS Gen 5 case window

Status
Not open for further replies.

hilashc

Solid State Member
I was wondering if it was possible to put a case window on an XPS Gen 5. I wasn't sure because of the way the case opens (it opens like a clam shell, with a handle on the back). Any comments would be appreciated, thanks.

this is a pic of an older xps system, but the case opens in the exact same way as seen in the picture

gen5_3.jpg

i would also like the window to go on the right side of the case, so it is not the side which folds open.

might be difficult, for most cases the right side (looking at the front) is usually a big sheet of metal used to mount the motherboard on. If you DID put a window in, you wouldn't see much.

Although I have NO experience with dells, any I deal with are custom built, either by me or a friend,

are you going to put it on the side that opens just on the right half of it? You could just cut out a area on the panle where nothing is mounted and mount a piece of plexi glass in it.

i was wanting to put it on the right side of the case, when ur looking at the front. thats the side that dosnt fold out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom