What Digital TV/Monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidlewis

Solid State Member
Imagine the situation....

A bedroom with limited space, the usual stuff, bed...wardrobe, musical keyboard, PC, 19" CRT (its massive) and an old Cathode Ray tube tv 22".

As christmas is coming up and I have been saving a little, I am looking into a tv/monitor.
I am looking (and have been for some time) looking into finding a lcd/plasma tv, that can handle up to 1280x1024 resolution and also has intergrated freeview.

I.e I can link my pc to it, plug in the ariel socket into it as well, and flick between freeview channels and my pc with ease, whilst maintaining a pretty nice picture for both gaming and watching neighbours....and Match of The Day, etc etc.

Samsung have a 26", but not sure how this handles as a monitor. It says its HD ready...but someone has informed me that true HD is an insanely high resolution and only the top notch TV's will be TRUE HD.

Ideally I am looking for something in the region of £350 - £550, so LCD seems the best way to get one.

Any insight would be appretiated as looking on ebuyer, overclockers, play, kelkoo and amazon on a weekly basis plus countless reviews is peeing me off a little bit.

Many Thanks

Dan

true hd is 1080p that hd ready monitor youre problaly talking about is problaly 720p, and Xhd has been out already but is out of your price range it would problaly be ~2000p, but lcd wuld be best choice since it will take up less space than a huge crt

TheEnd187 said:
true hd is 1080p that hd ready monitor youre problaly talking about is problaly 720p, and Xhd has been out already but is out of your price range it would problaly be ~2000p, but lcd wuld be best choice since it will take up less space than a huge crt

2000P? "XHD" = 2560x1600

Having a box is your only choice. You have to understand that the TV isn't the TV, it's just a monitor. All it does is display stuff. Asking for HDTV without a box is like asking for a computer that is just a monitor keyboard and mouse. HDTV providers have boxes, you use the box, that's just how it works.

i think he meant integrated tvs that just need the antenna but those are pretty expensive, or he may be reffering to tv's with a cable card slot??? if your going hd you defenitely want at least 2 hdmi inputs

cool, so..

If i am going with an HDTV lcd e.g.

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Ele..._HD_Ready_Widescreen_IDTV_LCD_TV/Product.html

I need to make sure it has 2 HDMI inputs, (think that one only has one 1)

and that the dpi is 1080dpi or higher.

Basically the only information i need is have any of you seen such tvs hooked up to a pc and played a game on it. How would say....Oblivion look on a tv similar to the one above, compared with my old CRT monitor?

I mean I have seen a tv in woolworths for £399 and has similar specs to the one above. Only problem is I have NEVER heard of the tv company before (so customer sales may be an issue, and the build quality may be shite).

sorry that link doesnt work, for some UNKNOWN reason

It is the samsung 32" tv on play.com, there is only one, type "samsung" into the search bar and it is the first tv you come across.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom