IE 7 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrowinski

Baseband Member
I've got a user on the network who has a problem with IE 7.
Everytime they click on favorites the screen starts flickering and jumping. he also said when scrolling using the mouse when he stops it continues scrolling.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Are you sure it only happens with IE7? Have they gotten all the updates for IE7?

Check to make sure it just isnt a Browser problem or a problem with Flash or Java. Since Ie7's default page is MSN which uses Flash it could be that flash needs to be updated.

I rolled out IE 7 across the network after it was properly released.
The default webpage is Google, which should not use java or flash however i will check that

Well then you changed teh Default web page. Cause on install IE7 switches it back to MSN.

But double check on the Flash. Also i believe that M$ already rolled out a update to IE7 since its release. Make sure that it has been updated.

I rolled it out using wsus and eaqch machine has installed it.
The problem is only on 1 machine.
The company default search engine is Google. Yes IE7 wants you to choose MS instead of Google so I got each user to change it to Google

if the problem is only on 1 machine and not on any others assuming the hardware, software is the same on every computer then that cuts it down to software/hardware locally, problem maybe someone has installed something on that comp and got a virus,spyware or have tampered with settings could uninstall IE7 and reinstall or the graphics drivers need reinstalling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom