Running dial monitors on the X1900XT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPL Tech

In Runtime
I have the Connect 3D ATI Radeon X1900XT and I would like to buy a second monitor to use with it. I was wondering if I can hook it up in that mode that allows you to do one thing on one monitor and do something else on the monitor? The mode where the desktop also stretches across both monitors. It would be cool if I could play a game on one monitor and watch a movie on the other.

I run dual monitor's, an have my desktop extend.. However if I'm in a game an go to bring something else up on another monitor it will minimize the current game. So it don't work to well. However I think you can have them set to do one thing and the other do another which would fix this problem?
Just I like to move thing's from monitor to monitor. Very handy!

its under your control panel for the x1900xt. When you set it to dual monitors, you can switch the monitors under desktop properties if you need to.

Go to Display in your control panel, An on the top tab's, Go to "Setting's" The last tab.

There you should see both monitor's pluged in. Depending on how you have them plugged in you may need to move them around like mine is 2 - 1.

Then under it select what monitor you want to change setting's for.
The 2nd monitor you want to use for your other screen just click the check box for Extend my desktop on this monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom