~Early Christmas Wish List~

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYL\X/3K

I know <html>, do you?
Post ur PC wish list, and maybe the red fat-a$$ will surprise u!!

I was thinking of getting more RAM maybe another 512mb or 1gb corsair would be fine

Only thing better I could want in my system is one of those juicy 8800GTXs (with one of those 30" Dells :) ). Everything else I want is non-computer related. I don't even care about receiving presents anymore, I'm more into the feel and atmosphere of Christmas. Spending time with family and g/f and all.

I hope to stop suckling from the Athlon XP bosom and get me a nice Core 2 Duo build.

• Core 2 Duo E6600
  • 2GB of DDR2 667 RAM
  • An Intel P965 Motherboard (Seeing how I won't be overclocking)
  • 7600GT
  • Cooler Master Centurion 5
*drool*

Think of the productivity! I think that'll run Doom (The original) at 1024x768. :p

I got the money too! :D

There doesn't necessarily have to be a rush. I overclock my processors because they give me a lot more power for a minimal price. With my Athlon 64, I was able to have a processor that rivaled some of the fastest single-core retail home processors at the time, for $200. In the case of my Core 2 Duo, I have one of the fastest home processors on the planet For $315. If there's a rush in there somewhere, then its the realization that you've accomplished something extraordinary and with your skills, you have improved your computer immensely.

Honestly; Would you buy a processor that was meant to run at, say, 3.5Ghz and be stable, and then underclock that processor to 2.4Ghz? Because that's basically what you're doing by not overclocking.

Yes, but I'm still not convinced.

The Core 2 Duo E6600 is fast enough, I'm sure I probably wouldn't need even that much power.

Also, overclocking voids the warranty, and I have a long history of breaking CPUs (Not by overclocking), I do not want to be $300 in the hole if I do break it. (I am sort of short on cash.)

Besides, if I wanted to achieve a good overclock, I would probably have to invest $50 into a new motherboard, $50 into DDR2 800 RAM, and another $50 into a good after-market cooler.

I am probably going to need that $150 for other stuff.

well i wanted a wide screen samsung but santa said i would have to settle for a 17", which is fine and i would have a nice sysmetrical setup with two 17" samsung lcd monitors :).

I want a whole new build. I've spent months of researching on what would be the best for my money. I think the build I put together would be almost the absolute best i could get for my money but theres still so much to learn with just small things from RAM:CPU ratios to more of advanced settings.

heres basicly what i want though

E6300 OC to about 3.2+
7900GS OC to about 7900GT speed
1GB DDr2-800 RAM right now (another stick later)
the sweet Xion Xion Xon-102 case that looks and performances awesome for only 60 bucks haha.

We are going to Mexico for Christmas so I will have to settle for a $100 budget.

I was thinking g5 mouse, and zalman9500. this works out because later on (like 3 months after christmas) I might stick with s939 and get a opteron 175, or I might buck up to a e6600 with a new mobo, and ram. That would mean I could use the zalman on either of those boards.

THat costs about 85 so I have to figure out where the rest is going to go. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom