not cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the suggestion guys. Have sorted the problem and i'm now running much cooler, i think it was more a case of the poor thermal contact between the cpu and the cooler but i've put in the cooler from the below link reapplied paste and its working fine with no reboots or shutdowns at all. T
The temps were at least 50 at idle going up to 118 and shutdown before, but now idle temp is in the 20's and under a high load only gets up into the 40-50's

http://www.dabs.com/productview.asp...258&PageMode=1&NavigationKey=11258,4294956808

ok really annoyed now, haven't used the thing for a few weeks. but when i did after about 10 mins after startup i'm getting the slight glitch ( power dip) thing that the overheating problem started with. According to speedfan the "core" temp is getting up towards 60

how much RPM is ur CPU fan running? It should be around 2,700 or more. Mine runs at 3000RPM and the CPU runs 37C on full load.

also is there anything blocking the CPU for example the PSU?

round about 2900rpm on the cpu fan with nothing in the way. have got a fan blowinh into the case at the front and 2 fans blowing out of the case ( 1 at the side and one at the back) so i'd hope that it isn't an airflow problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom