Once again.. and for sure this time... WATERCOOLING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey just to clarify a few things...

Shumway said:
Nos,Stay away from rad's like the Black Ice and that,You want a rad that's actually going to cool good,Grab a heater core for either a 86 chevette or a 77 Pontiac Bonneville and mod it,You will get better heat dissapation with it :)

There is nothing wrong with black ice rads or Thermochill for that matter. Heatercores used to be ther prefered radiator mainly because of a price performance issue. A few years ago a black ice ProII was around $90 and a Bonneville heatercore was $22. Allthough the heatercore will disipate more heat, you have to think about it on the system level and it the gains are worth the hassle. If you're just looking at cooling the CPU going with a heater core will get you about 1c better CPU temps. Now does that equate to anything on the system level? In most cases no. So the added gain is worth it.

A heatercore like the Bonneville is about $22 bucks, plus a shroud $10, and mounting hardware $2. Now it's up to $34 bucks. Where as one can get a black ice ProII for the same price:
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=162&cat=84&page=1

Now you have to weigh if that 1c better temp and hassle of dealing with the heatcore for the same cost that will most likely show no gains in stability or high clocks is worth it. The Black ice rad's like other commercial rads are simple and screw right in which is nice. Now you have to weigh out wich on is better for you, becuase your doing it. Some people like the heatercore becuase they feel good that they modded it. Kudos to them, because that is something to be proud of.

Also you most likely don't want to go for the Xtreme raditator. It was designed for high CFM fans which is why it's much thicker. It does perform better then the PRO with matched fans. But you will not like the sounds of fans greater then 100CFM which is what the Black ice Xtreme radiators need to perform. The Pro was made much thinner so the user can use normall fans and still get a good amount of air through the radiator.

NosBoost300 said:
ya, i was planning on using an anti-freeze, water alone kinda sucks... lol

i still got alot to learn here... so its a good thing i got about 3 weeks until i buy

NOTHING cools better than water. It is the benchmark everything else is measured against. It has a thermal coefficient of "1". Anything you add to water will negatively effect it's ability to absorb heat. Additives such as Water Wetter, Zerex and antifreeze with a "anti-foaming" ingredient will lessen the negative impact, but not improve heat absorption.

aspire.comptech said:
A t-line while it does take much longer to bleed, is much more efficient, as it basically creates an in line reservoir. This is very good because it promotes a much higher flowrate, and makes the system, much much much easier to fill.

Finally, it makes adding water to the loop much easier.

While a T-line is less restrictive (barely) then a reservoir the flowrate is almost the same. They are so close that the user will not see a difference on the system level. Either way I think it depends on the user. Some people like T-Lines and some like reservoirs. They each there positives and negatives. Once you try both you will probably find out which one suits you best and stick with that one.

Sorry for the long post but I hope I shed some light on a few things.

NosBoost300 said:
okay, so i'll add the reservoir in.. and ya, i was thinking cm stacker too

The original stacker is a sweet case. Plenty of room and Danger Den makes a shroud so you can mount a black iceII on the bottom. It's one of the most H2O friendly cases out there.

great, then i'll be getting me a cm stacker!!

and lets note, I in no way mind air noise.. 2 110cfm fans.. so what!! i'd like to see them take on my z5500's.... they'll eat up the noise!!!

so any reservoirs you'd recommend for me??

so are all the choices i've made so far okay?

here it is again

Black Ice XtremeII Radiator 42.95

(these 2 have a deal for 108.75 on dangerden)
*Copper TDX Block for Intel 775 Processors 52.95;12V DD-D5 Pump 74.95*

and 6 feet of tubing as well.. the total is 159.20.

and just add in your prefered reservoir

OMG.... that is awesome.. and dead sexy... i'll be having me a merry christmas this year.... oc'ing the hopefully e6700..

any additives i should be looking at??? and is 6 feet of tubing enough????

and clamps, can someone link me to clamps

NosBoost300 said:

so any reservoirs you'd recommend for me??

so are all the choices i've made so far okay?

here it is again

Black Ice XtremeII Radiator 42.95

(these 2 have a deal for 108.75 on dangerden)
*Copper TDX Block for Intel 775 Processors 52.95;12V DD-D5 Pump 74.95*

and 6 feet of tubing as well.. the total is 159.20.

and just add in your prefered reservoir

Most of it looks good to me. That Danger Den combo is a nice deal. I would get a little more tubing, maybe 8 feet (if you cut tubing like me maybe a little more... HAHA!), it's better to be safe then sorry.

As for the reservoir, get what ever you like. The only recomendation is avoid aluminum (corrosion).

I didn't see what fans you are using, but I would go with a 120x38mm fan. They have more pressure then a 120x25mm fan. This will give a little more airflow through the radiator. But I'm sure if you are looking at 110CFM fans they are 38mm.

ah, just got the paycheck in... more than i thought 580 dollars!!! WOOT... yay for desktop publishing!!!..... lol, but i still won't be buying until next check... maybe just the cm stacker for now or something like that... oh how i love not having ANY expenses

and i think i found some silverstone 110cfm fans on newegg.. i'm at work right now so i'm not doing alot of browing.. don't wanna get myself in trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom