Computer Phenominon? Or?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kung fu neo

Beta member
Basically everything was working fine as it is right now. i was listening to music when the music started to cut out and crashed. There was not blue screen of death or anything it just crashed and shut it self down and rebooted. When it rebooted it asked to restart and reset the boot order or input a boot disc and press any key. Well i restarted and went into the bios where i found that it had changed its boot order from the hard drive i was supposed to boot from to another hard drive which did not have an o.s. on it. So i changed that back and viola it was working again. Then i figured eh why not ill just continue with what i was doing till it does it again then if it does ill move everythign off the main drive to my back up drive and wipe it. Well everything was fine until i put in a cd back into the cd-rom drive, then it played for a few mins and crashed again. Samething only this time the bios did not recognize that the hard drive i was booting off existed, so turned it off completly and waited a few mins turned it back on it recognized it and allowed me to come back online. Now Im guessing it has somthing to do with the hard drive itself and or the cd-rom drive but im not sure how or why. Anyone ever heard of this? any help would be great.... If not im going to wipe it and start over...AGAIN.....

So is that the only explanation? Why would it crash when i put a cd in the cd-rom drive? But otherwise it makes since, If the hard drive lost power the bios would automatically reset it to another boot order right? Makes sense to me.

If the bios doesn't detect the drive it selects another one.

Maybe the cable is faulty, try replacing it.

It only did that once does that make a difference? i Mean it didnt detect the hard drive then i cut power off rebooted and it detected it again, could that be a cable or is the hard drive going out or both?

It's usually just one thing that is causing the problem, but you have to try things to rule out possible causes.

The probelm is that your computer crashed twice now, so it's not a one time thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom