burning CDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hi
I tried to burn CDs for Linux (Redhat 9.0)
i tried to burn at 40X, and i discovred that there were errors in all three disks.
I burnt at 8X(painfully slow) and the first disk turned out ok, dont know about the other two, will check them out now.

can you guys suggest a burn speed (12x/16x/...) which would enable me to get good results.

I WOULD SUGGEST 16X (THATS AS FAST AS MYNE CAN HANDLE)

IF IT CAUSES TOO MUCH ERRORS THERE MAY BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH UR CD-R

re: cd burning

I think sometimes the type of disc your using can have a lot to do with the speed your drive can burn at. In my experience steer clear of disks with shiney tops (they dont seem to last as well). Buy a small bundle or even a single disk slightly more expensive and try burning at faster speeds. Disks with different colour dyes seem to suit different data's too.

the best result depends in the burner it self to get the best settings do the test like me i got roxio and when i installed the cd burner before i did the burnning i go to tools and run a system test
test.jpg

CD-burner ads feature three numbers, each of which is followed by an "X." These numbers represent the write, rewrite, and read speeds (in that order). So, a 24X10X40X burner writes data at a speed of 24X, rewrites data at a speed of 10X, and reads data at a speed of 40X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom