gaming rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was $300 - and it actually was 667... :amazed:

I know everything's expensive here, probably because the technology is American import... I'll take a look at the OCZ, thanks. :)

-edit- Well, that piece of memory right there is just as out of stock as the one I was going to get. :p Suppose I could order it and wait a week or two, suppose I could look around and see if it's sold elsewhere. But for that price and shipping time I could get one of the G.Skills even. ;)

I've e-mailed G.Skill's European technical support - I've heard from a Dutch friend that they can help people get the products very quickly for very affordable prices. I've been wanting G.Skill since the beginning, but never thought it was an option. :D

I'm looking to order a pair of these G.Skill ones you recommended off eBay instead. It would cost me $249 + $37 shipping = $286 but that's still cheaper than I could ever get it here.

Unless someone has suggestions for American web stores that ship to Europe and accept PayPal...

Well considering that you were originally going to be getting 2 x 512MB DDR2-667 for $130, 2GB DDR2-800 for $286 seems like a fair deal. Its going to be a major hit to your budget though, are you sure you can go over your original 1K budget?

The current 2GB memory I've picked now would cost me more than shipping that stuff in from the States... lol...

My setup is now worth $1,105... I could buy the dream build if I wanted but have other stuff to spend my money on. But better memory means more overclocking possibilities which means that the PC will last me longer. :)

Final config (hopefully):

Case: Sunbeam Tuniq 1 Symmetry
PSU: Seasonic S12-430HB
Mobo: Asus P5B-E
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 (1.86Ghz)
Memory: G.Skill 2x1GB DDR2-800 CL 4-4-4-12
GPU: Gainward GeForce 7900GT 512MB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 160GB
DVD: NEC AD-5170A
Floppy: Mitsumi 7-in-1 FDD+Cardreader

Total cost: $1,145

Checklist (tell me if any of these points are false):

- The built-in CPU cooler + PSU fan + case fans will provide adequate cooling for overclocking
- The system has a good airflow (everything would be conveniently placed)
- Onboard sound provides decent surround sound
- 430W is enough to run this system with considerable o/c
- All parts are compatible
- This system is ridiculously overpriced in Europe

Looks perfect. And all of the points on the checklist are correct except for the first one. The only real cooling you need to worry about when overclocking is the CPU cooler. The stock cooler is decent and will let you get to high-2Ghz speeds, but to break 3Ghz, you will probably have to get an aftermarket CPU cooler later on (there is no shortage).

Nice signature btw. :p

TriEclipse said:
Looks perfect. And all of the points on the checklist are correct except for the first one. The only real cooling you need to worry about when overclocking is the CPU cooler. The stock cooler is decent and will let you get to high-2Ghz speeds, but to break 3Ghz, you will probably have to get an aftermarket CPU cooler later on (there is no shortage).

Nice signature btw. :p
I also included the possibilities of oc'ing memory / GPU, if I'm satisfied with my CPU. :)

Thanks for all the help TriEclipse and the rest (here and there :p) as it's really improved my set-up! :nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom