LED switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

mRk

In Runtime
How would I go about putting a switch on my blank 5.25" drive panel?

I got an Aspire X-Dreamer II case.

The LEDs I want to turn off and on are the 6 on the front bezel. The wiring in the case is left 3 connected together, and the right 3 connected together, then plugs into the PSU connectors.

The main thing I want to know is how would I install a switch, and if you know a place where I can get some that would fit on the bay and looks nice. (something perferabally black?)

So I would cut a hole in my plate equal to the diameter of the switch. Then what? The diagram on the Bulgin Switch has 2 grooves on it that goes up. Am I supose to disassemble the switch the assemble it when I put through the panel? I'm 14, and I don't have much experience in case modding.

from what I saw in the case pictures, it seems there are some wires coming out of the bottom right corner of your case (looking from the back) which are probably connected to a molex connector which is then connected to the PSU... in order to add a switch the switch will go in between the psu. Thus, depending on the wire current is traveling through .. your circuit may look something like this.:

PHP:
LED Wires                Molex connector         |---- molex to PSU
---------------/--------|---------------|----------------
--------------/---------|               |-----------------
-------------/          |_______________|-----------------
------------/                           |_________________

|
                 Molex to LED wires

where the molex to LED wires are you will need to put a switch. A switch just allows one connection to pass through while keeping the other off. In this scenario it's probable that the black wire and a colored wire is what you are using.

cut the colored wire and strip it. connect one side of each wire to the two terminals in your switch and it should work :) ... forgive the ASCII art it's a bit rough

This is a basic switch and not a 3 way switch. Also this drawing makes a lot of assumptions you will have to check them out yourself.

Ok, I know about wiring the switch and all, but my main question is how am I suppose to mount a switch onto the panel? Suppose I use that Bulgin switch on that link up above posted by "Demali." How would I go about mounting it?

like you said cut a hole in the front, then insert from the front. I think you can use an adhesive around the brim (which sits in front of the case after inserting) it should sit fairly well. I'm not sure if there is any other way to mount it. Then make your connections in the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom