shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogerio

In Runtime
Hi everyone,
I have this old compaq presario 1685 and when i want to shutdown i get this message...."your computer is save now to turn off"....

My ? is, how i change that, i dont want this, my desktop shutdown without this message.

Thank you

Some older computers don't support the option of auto-shutdown,that's why you get that msg and you have to press the power button.

Rogerio said:
Hi everyone,
I have this old compaq presario 1685 and when i want to shutdown i get this message...."your computer is save now to turn off"....

My ? is, how i change that, i dont want this, my desktop shutdown without this message.

Thank you
My guess you are using either Windows 95 or Windows 98. They dont have the option to Auto shutdown. Only Win XP has that option and Windows 2000. So you will be stuck hitting the power switch until you upgrade.

i beleive that 'Soft Power Off' which is what turns your desktop machine off automatically was introuced in Windows 98 (and was partially supported by WIndows 95 OSR2).

The machine must have the capability itself - it is not just software.

I had a quick look on Google but I'm not sure if it supports this function.

Your PC was probably made in around 1685. I would suggest buying a new one, as older versions are more prone to power shortages because of mischievous Magnemites causing trouble at the Power Plant near Cerulean City.

Really?

I think it is the machine then. It has to be something with your hardware config that doesnt allow you to do it. Both of my machines do it by default.

Did XP come installed or did you upgrade to it?

It would be the machine. Since it is just a upgrade it still wouldnt be on by default.

The old machines didnt allow for the auto shutdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom