Once again.. and for sure this time... WATERCOOLING

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
okay.. its coming down to it.... and my next paycheck... (not this friday, but in two weeks)

i will have more than enough money for my water cooling kit...

i'm willing to spend 300 dollars at max on it all

i want to cool off my CPU and X1950XTX

and whichever tubing will give off better cooling 1/2 or 3/8.. but i would think 1/2...

anyway, im' still a bit confused on everything i need... its been a while.. so i need an update

someone create me a list please.. don't just tell me to go to petratech.. cuz i just went there.. lol

i may just start off with the cpu for now, get gpu later...

i would stick to my scythe ninja.. but i'm not going to risk peeling off the bracket again.. i already got alot of the foam off it from taking it off of my 975x.... so might as well go water

and i need to buy my second gig of ram :p so there's more reason to not get the gpu waterblock yet...

so lets drop the price to 180-200

*edit*

here's what i've got so far

Black Ice XtremeII Radiator 42.95

(these 2 have a deal for 108.75 on dangerden)
*Copper TDX Block for Intel 775 Processors 52.95;12V DD-D5 Pump 74.95*

and 6 feet of tubing as well.. the total is 159.20.

more suggestions and things i would need would be appreciated

*edited for a side not* great news for me... my friend is building a compy.. and he said he'd take my e6600 off my hands for a price around 250... that means throw in another 250 and i've got me an e6700.. i just may be considering... and with watercooling.. hello 4.5 ghz :D

You will need your:

Water Blocks
Tubing
Pump
T-line or Reservoir
Worm Drive clamps
Zip Ties
as5
Radiator
Something to mount said radiator, either a gutted 120mm fan, or a radbox
and a buncha extra screws and nuts and bolts depending on how you wind up mounting the whole shebang

Geez Nos! Among all of us you definitely have the most severe addiction to pimping out your rig!

P.S. thats only bad if you're neglecting your lady life over it ;)

Nos,Stay away from rad's like the Black Ice and that,You want a rad that's actually going to cool good,Grab a heater core for either a 86 chevette or a 77 Pontiac Bonneville and mod it,You will get better heat dissapation with it :)

ya.. i'm just gonna grab me a lingenfelter corvette intercooler and just leave it out on the desk!!!! hahahahaha that'll do some justice... lol

anyway, i heard (probably from aspire.tech....) that a t-line is better than using a reservoir. So i think i want to go with a t-line... but how to set one up.. i have no clue!

and i know my case is too small to fit any kind of radiator in it.. no doubt its probably too small to mount a radiator on it...

i may have to buy a new case before i go watercooling

and thanks for the suggestions too..

okay.. so decembers gonna be a big month for me... need plenty to buy!!! possibly e6700... watercooling, ram and a case... good thing is my bday the month of december.. and christmas... yaha, b-day on dec 26th... so i should have enough money for everything!!

and my lucky friend is getting this ds3 and scythe ninja for free

and bum, my lady life is doing great! so you don't gotta worry ;) lol

i'm probably going to buy my old case again for its massiveness... here is a pic.. i'll mount the rad on top of it

11-196-006-06.jpg

using a car radiator for cooling a computer should be the definition of overkill :rolleyes: you dont have 8 cylenders exploding with gasoline here
the pressure drop across it must be enormous... you are probably going to over work your pump if you can even get any flow. a reservior is a good idea because it gives your liquid extra time to cool before reusing it. if you are considering antifreeze, this would especially be a good idea (to have a reservior) because it cant hold as much heat as water w/o changing its temperature... but it gets better heat transfer through a radiator... its a trade off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom