Yet another Spam prevention idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfc469

Daemon Poster
So, today a certain user(toyngr) has posted 12 spam messages withing the last 10 minutes. The new posts section is completely taken up by his posts and I, along with many other people have reported his posts. The problem with this is that there are no mods online, so no action gets taken and the forums keep getting spammed up. So, what if when a person gets 5 or 6 reported posts within a few minutes of each other, he/she gets temporarily banned until a mod comes along and decides to ban ban him/her or unban him/her?

Sounds like a good idea to me and it would certainly help our spam problem that we have been having here lately.

the spam here is getting ridiculous. I know the mods are doing all they can, but we need something more.

that could help, or some way to make people with just spam killing abilities. I dont really think you could do that, but maybe someone with the ability to only delete single posts, without the ability to ban

There have been over 100 bannings in the past week alone. How many more do you want?

I work nights. I'm on TF before I go to work, as soon as I get home from work (usually for an hour or two), plus I'm on when I can while at work (during breaks). Most of the time I get on at work is spent banning spammers (which sucks, as I don't have my bookmarks at work and have to do it all longhand). And that's just the time's I'm on.

While some may think the mod team is sitting on their collective duffs, we are actually working like crazy to keep TF cleaned up. Just because you don't see the action doesn't mean it's not happening.

I agree that mods have lives etc but something else needs to be done to stop this spamming, could it be due to a disgruntled ex member doing some of it?

because its out of hand now worse than ever before with 1 person doing 10 to 15 posts of spam in different topics.

Trotter said:
While some may think the mod team is sitting on their collective duffs, we are actually working like crazy to keep TF cleaned up. Just because you don't see the action doesn't mean it's not happening.

I wasn't saying that at all, in fact, I said that I knew the mod team was doing everything they could. I just think that you guys can't handle all of the spam that has started comming in so I was just trying to help you guys out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom