Really high CPU Temp, not overclocking, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have, nada fans in my box.. its always ran fine.. and i dont even know how to remove the heatsink let alone see if its securely placed...

How dusty is that fan? If you can just take a paint brush or a vaccum and clean out the dust see if that helps at all. Take the two clips and move them to the opposite side releasing tension, then move them back into postiton.

Ok to remove the heatsink simply move the tabs to the other side, releasing pressure, pull the bracket thats attached to those clips off and pull out the heatsink sloooowly. Then do it all backwards.

Yes, but which heatsink, or fan.. to replace it with.. what are the specs with my chip, are they all standard.. what is the price range?

Well it's socket 478. Uhh ow much ever your willing to spend and how much grief your willing to put up with.

i have the 3.0ghz version of your chip running at 3.3ghz i have the same heatsink except mine came from a celeron retail package.

It has to be how the heat sink is in

the hestsink comes of like this pull both of the tabs,then the black bars securing the heat sink on have to be pushed down a tad and then out so you get it out of the retention hole.

if one of those 4 black clips come lose then your cpu will overheat because the cpu is not making good contact with the heatsink the exact same thing happened to me.Except i was having random restarts after any heavy use.

also put a fans in look at your hd temp. mine are alot lower in the 30c area mine are in front of a 120mm fan brought their temps down about 10-14c.Less heat on your hd means less chance of a hd failure andthose are not fun lost gigs of infoi wish i could have back.

i have a similar cpu but with a clean heatsink and 4 case fans one that blows cold air direcly on my heatsink And i get 62c at full load 43c idle.

1 -120 mm fan
and
3 -80mm fans

hey, i took apart the heatsink and gave it a good scrub as well as the fan.. i put it back inside and it runs at the CPU temp a lil bit higher but the MB and HD temps are both 25%...

so I cut the HD and MB temp by half by cleaning out the CPU heatsink :eek::eek::eek: ...

PS: I think its the paste.. the heatsink came off wayy too easily when i tried taking it off..

my friend will lend me arctic silver 5 tmr and I'll replace it.. i just hope it makes a difference lol

You shouldn't use a heatsink without thermal paste. Try not to use your computer that often and when you don't need it, turn it off. This is until you get new paste ofcourse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom