AMD Quad FX debuts in Japanese four-GPU PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I just sit here and wonder if the head of AMD is sitting there thinking I'm screwed and contemplating suicide or if he's sitting there laughing beause he's going to release something that will calculate 1MB of pie in sub-5 seconds.

that would be purley insane. just wait till 2010 comes by. by then we'd probably look back to now, and probably say, wow and we thought it was cool back then, look at it now! (can imagine pi in under a second, click and done. hahah)

(even tho it means nothing, haha its my 999th post. cant wait till my next post to go into the 4digit group!)

Well, at least they're done with the pinned packages. LGA is so much better. :)

But yeah, I don't see a benefit in this over two dual-core Opteron 2 series processors...

ya, amd's got their head in their asses with these idea's... just plain out stupid.. core 2 quads out doing for half the price (well what i think will be half the price) unless somehow they end up making each fx like 700 dollars.. which i doubt

I will admit, AMD ****ING SUCKS ***!!! Well currently they do, but they havent really released anything with a new architexture like Intel did... And isn't Intels Quad Core just a single chip with two dual cores on it instead of it all being one huge die?

I guess you haven't heard.
AMD is already well on the way to making true quad cores. quad core wafers have already been made; TheInquirer has seen one personally. this was a while ago aswell.

yes, this is true quad cores. four cores on one die.
this is not two dual core dies on one chip (like Core 2 Quad is)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom