Lowering Ping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerodayATK

Daemon Poster
hey i was playing AA thast about all i play and my ping is like 86 or so and just about everybody elses is close to 20ish ... what gives? i thought maybe i had the grahpics settings 2 high... lowered um all the way .. no difference... i have cable internet and had aim running is that what caused it ?

They are probally closer, close any messangers and downloaders when you play sumtimes firewalls can inpede traffic as well

Low framerates can affect the amount of data sent from your computer and so it makes your ping go up as well.
It can also be down to in-game settings, if you're not receiving and/or sending the right amount of packets on the server.
How fast is your internet? 1mb can easily handle an online FPS like AA.

if im not mistaken i have 10mb or maybe even 100mb...... i know its comcast cable internet... i did have a firewall and aim up.. ima try tonight wiht aim off but we'll see

Are you using a router? you need to forward these ports for AA and also with the firewall too if its possible:

TCP:14200,20025-20048
UDP:1716-1718,8777,27900

Also depends what servers your using as well.

Kill anything that may be accessing the internet. Your ping goes up when something else is using the bandwidth.

Check for servers that are closer to you. I know in BF2 you can see the ping rate for each server... maybe AA has the same thing.

i have a modem ... a terrylink brand ... came wiht the package.. tis a lil old .. .the new comcast comes with a motorlla modem .. no router......

I doubt your modem and/or router is hurting you. Kill the IM and anything else.

ok... i will also last night while playing a windowed mode it kept popping up an error saying windows no disk in drive ? whats that about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom