Power Supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dante_Caligari said:
The question I do have about this subject is this: if I have a 700watt PSU, I am still only drawing the wattage from the combined requirements of my system, correct? ...because if I am drawing a constant 700watts then I had better get a smaller wattage PSU. :eek:

Your electricity is measured by the KW/H right? I would hate to know how much it is costing me to play Oblivion per hour with a 1KW PSU. :mad:

You only pay for how much you use, and your PSU only pulls what is needed for the components (It actually pulls more than they need because of the efficiency thing, the extra is lost as heat). So a 700W PSU won't cost you any more than a 500W PSU because they will both be doing the same amount of work, assuming they are powering the same system.

keyser09 said:
Hey tri u kno how my psu is 25 watts more?how much would it be for a fortron equivilent?

The next step up from 34A for Forton is straight to the $113 550W version that has 4 x 15A on the 12v rails, so 60A total.

And what is it that you want? A stronger PSU? Both PSUs are going to give the same power output, neither is stronger than the other. The more expensive and higher-wattage PSU isn't going to give any more performance than the lower-wattage one. It's only going to make your numbers bigger and e-pen!s longer. I don't quite think it's worth the trade-off.

You want to waste money? Go ahead. Be my guest. :) Just don't expect everyone else to follow suit.

but the thermaltake is only 155.55 and has more amps for hte 12v rail whereas the fortron is 150.00 and has less amps

Doesn't matter if it has 34 Amps or 72, only about 23 of them are actually going to be used.

And the 34A Forton is $40, so about 4 times cheaper than both of the ones you listed.

Not even a fourth? Flunk math? It has 34A while the Thermaltake has 72A, that means the Forton has about half the amps of the Thermaltake, for a fourth of the price.

And who cares how many amps it has seeing as they both perform the same and the Forton is a quarter of the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom