Hard Drive Fried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N519AT

Solid State Member
I seem to be having problems with hardware frying itself lately....

So, this past weekend I downloaded America's Army onto my partitioned hard drive (the C: partition). I moved it to my D: partition and proceeded to install it without any problems. Played it, everything was swell...Turned computer off...Came back 6-7 hrs later, to find this:

Whenever I try to turn on my computer, Windows XP does a "Disk Consistancy Check" on the D: partition. Awesome, but when I get past the disk check, it shows the welcome screen, and then reboots.

So here is what I did: I took the hard drive out, testsed it on another computer...same thing. Used it in conjunction with the main HD on that computer (using that OS), the same disk check came up only it said "Volume is Dirty" at the top this time. Okay...So I deleted the AAO installation executable, no joy...deleted the AAO program folder, no joy..FORMATTED the partition and still no joy.

So here I am....stuck on this. Anyone?

Bueller?

baronvongogo said:
how did you go about deleting it? you make it sound like you just deleted the folder didnt you go through the uninstall process?

Yeah, I just deleted the folder because I couldn't start the OS to do the unistall process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom