Emachine ETower Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmasnec3

Beta member
Hi, Im kind of new here, and need help with my computer. I have an emachines ETower 366i2, it has 192mb ram, 4gb hard drive, 366MHZ Intel Celeron, and some type of "ETHERNET" card card that my son put in it for me.

Now, my problem is that the computer takes roughly 30 seconds from the time I press the power button on the front, until it says Windows XP. My son has tried to figure it out, and says he needs to get into the "BIOS" and change it from standard to "Quick Boot". So, pretty much what we need to know, is how to get into the bios. we have tried all of the "F" keys, delete, the ESC key, and a few other combinations to try and get into it. Do you guys have any suggestions?

does it say anything when it boots up? usually as soon as a computer booots up it will say somewhere on he screen what to press. (like press del/esc/f7 to enter setup) this however depends on your motherboard. My compaq doesnt say what to press. keep trying those buttons as soon as your computer turns on just rapidly press a button or go crazy on all of them, lol ones gotta work.

It could be Ctrl+Alt+F2, I have an acer that does that. What is taking the time is the "BootROM" on the network card trying to boot itself off the network. The manual will have instructions in it, on how to get into the BIOS.

Ruan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom