What happened to my internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcat75

In Runtime
I had set up a new computer last night and was able to access the internet just fine. Today I set up my old PC in my dad's office and plug that ethernet cable in. I am here posting from my old PC, however on the new PC I do not have internet. It says in the taskbar with the network icon "Limited or no connection". I tried renewing my IP but it says the DHCP server could not be contacted? What do I do? :(

Oh and I have made zero software changes to my new PC since last night except for installing GAIM and FireFox.

Nevermind, it was because both computers were using windows XP it seems. I reformatted my old computer so now it uses windows 2k, that fixed it.

madcat75 said:
Nevermind, it was because both computers were using windows XP it seems. I reformatted my old computer so now it uses windows 2k, that fixed it.

all you had to do was unistall your network card drivers and reboot the computers. it would have reloaded the drivers and gave them different ip's. that's why you had a limited connection. they both had the same ip address

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom