Wont Turn Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcortes

Fully Optimized
right now i only have my psu hs and fan plugged in aswell as the 24 pin connector and the 4 pin cpu connector however when i plug in the power cord to the power supply and flip the switch the heatsync fan automatically turns on? any ideas.

Sounds like your power switch is shorted out. Plug your reset switch into where the power switch belongs and see if it happens again.

I cannot imagine anything else, that would be the most obvious solution.

trued putting the reset switch in still nothing but before i got the cpu i used to short the psu with a paper clip to make it start to show of the lights lol could that have damaged it?

It wouldn't if you did it right.

This is not a problem with the PSU, it is a problem with the internal components. Try a different monitor maybe?

the only 2 times Iv had weird power start problems were:

1.power switch was in the wrong way the pc booted up as soon as the power cord was plugged in.

2.front USB connector to the mobo was in wrong caused erratic behavior in powering off at random times.

tried that nothing the second it gets power to the board the fans turn on and wont turn off with the power button.

I got it thanx guys it was faulty wiring with the case if you move it around or pull on it to much the power wire doesnt work.

arrr, you could have used a screw driver on the 2 power pins to turn the pc on to check or use the reset connector on the power pins. Just so you know in future alternative methods glad things worked out :D

ya i used the reset button in place of the power button and when it worked i knew it was the wiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom