Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
RTM wont even allow the use of Beta keys even for isntall. ;)

You will have to install without a serial which will allow for only 3 days. But even then there is a trick around that.

Makaveli213 said:
RTM wont even allow the use of Beta keys even for install. ;)

hmm... I should have known, I'll try it when I get home anyway...

I'll get around the 3 days thing... (just set the bios clock back a year or two...)
unless they thought of that already o_O

either way, I plan to get a real license eventually...

Makaveli213 said:
You will have to install without a serial which will allow for only 3 days.

Not true. I installed RTM with no serial and have 30 days to activate not 3. Its if you put a serial in at the install u only get 3 days.

Juice Daddy said:
hmm... I should have known, I'll try it when I get home anyway...

I'll get around the 3 days thing... (just set the bios clock back a year or two...)
unless they thought of that already o_O

either way, I plan to get a real license eventually...
Checl your PM's. Snet you a present.

Mentali$T said:
Not true. I installed RTM with no serial and have 30 days to activate not 3. Its if you put a serial in at the install u only get 3 days.
That is only cause i choose to actiavte my product when i am online. If you uncheck that box you will get 30 days compared to the 3. Since i know i have a serial coming i wasnt worried about not having it there for activation.

Makaveli213 said:
That is only cause i choose to actiavte my product when i am online. If you uncheck that box you will get 30 days compared to the 3. Since i know i have a serial coming i wasnt worried about not having it there for activation.

Ah yeah forgot about that.

At an event this Thursday at NASDAQ in New York City, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer will officially launch versions of Windows Vista, Office 2007, and Exchange 2007 aimed at big businesses. Vista and Office 2007 were completed earlier this month, but Microsoft doesn't expect to ship Exchange until sometime in December. A larger, consumer-oriented launch event for Windows Vista and Office 2007 is still scheduled for January 30, 2007.

The timing of the business launch event is a bit odd: Because consumers won't be able to get Vista-based PCs until January, some may hold off on new PC purchases this holiday season. But the versions of Vista and Office 2007 that Microsoft is shipping starting tomorrow will not be made available to consumers, though news of the launch could be confusing to them. Instead, only businesses with volume license agreements with Microsoft will be able to get the code now.

http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/94416/94416.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom