Proccesser Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailpog

Daemon Poster
I'm About to upgrade to a new athlon 4400+ X2 proccesser and it just dawned on me that i might need a new psu... the one i use now is only 300w(not very powerful)I also intend to upgrade to 2 7600gs in SLI , in the futre. Finnally i dont have a case fan...is that a problem ...it never has been before, Should i get one?(i didnt get one when i bought my comp because thought it would just make it louder).

Yes, you should upgrade your PSU. A good 500W will set you, since you're thinking of SLI. But why not get either a 7600GT or 7900GT. SLI isn't worth it, if you're using the 7600GS. And you should get a case fan. It's better to have a cool pc then a warm or hot pc. If you're worrying about noise, there are low noise fans and, you can also get a fan controller.

b1gapl said:
Yes, you should upgrade your PSU. A good 500W will set you, since you're thinking of SLI. But why not get either a 7600GT or 7900GT. SLI isn't worth it, if you're using the 7600GS. And you should get a case fan. It's better to have a cool pc then a warm or hot pc. If you're worrying about noise, there are low noise fans and, you can also get a fan controller.

Agreed. You'll quite often find that a single card will perform better than two SLIed cards for the same price. Use the VGA charts to compare SLI vs non-SLI. Then wherever you buy parts from to compare prices.

Cheers guys. Can you reccomend any specific case fan thats quiet and a nicer reliable but cheap PSU.I'm in the U.K so uk sites please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom