What motherboard is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fayt19

In Runtime
Ok Im getting a motherboard for my new gaming rig and a lot of people told me to get this motherboard:

Motherboard 1

While looking around Newegg i bumped into this motherboard:

Motherboard 2

The difference is only 20 dollars and i want to get the best motherboard possible. I plan on Overclocking. My CPU is a E6600 and im using DDR2 800 Memory. Can someone tell me which is the better motherboard and why? Or if there is a even better motherboard what?

Thanks!

They look nearly identical. One thing you should take note of is that the P5B model (the first one) only has one IDE channel, so if you have multiple optical drives and/or ATA hard drives, you might want the second one (with two IDE channels)

the p5w is a step up from the p5b-deluxe. They both should give you good oc's. The p5w come with 2 pci-e x16 slots for crossfire. The p5b only has 1 pci-e x16 and 1 pci-e x1,x4 (at max) (new egg says it has 2 pci-e x16 slots but one can only can go to x4).

If you dont want crossfire or sli, p5b-deluxe is awesome. If you want sli, you'll have to get the p5w(and dl hack drivers) or go with the striker turtile suggested(prob the best mobo out right now for the conroes, man i wish i had one of those and 2 8800gtx, that would be kick @$$ system :p)

darkop16 said:
the p5w is a step up from the p5b-deluxe. They both should give you good oc's. The p5w come with 2 pci-e x16 slots for crossfire. The p5b only has 1 pci-e x16 and 1 pci-e x1,x4 (at max) (new egg says it has 2 pci-e x16 slots but one can only can go to x4).

If you dont want crossfire or sli, p5b-deluxe is awesome. If you want sli, you'll have to get the p5w(and dl hack drivers) or go with the striker turtile suggested(prob the best mobo out right now for the conroes, man i wish i had one of those and 2 8800gtx, that would be kick @$$ system :p)

agreed.

the abit aw9d-max isn't bad either ;)

Fayt19 said:
so is that second motherboard better then the 2 mobos i listed?

Its a plain P5B-Deluxe (without the WI-FI) So I would get it if you don't need a wireless connection or already have one, use wire....

actually one is the 95b deluxe and one is the 95w dh deluxe, they both have wifi?

the dh has the 975x chipset though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom