What Can I Do With this computer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computer_Geekv1

Beta member
Ok heres the story my uncle who is a computer genius really he is ^.^ built me this computer a few years ago . So right now it has highly out dated parts on it and etc. I was planning on painting my case next week but i'm not even sure i will .
Here Are The components

Windows Xp Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
Intel Pentium 3 Processor at 667 Mhz ( It Has a heat Sink With a fan on it made by coolermaster)
2 x 128 Mb Memory
System Type : x86 Based PC
Processor : X86 Family 6 Model 8 stepping 3 Genuine Intel 666
Mhz
Video Card ; Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440-SE with 64 Mb 64 Bit DDR
Dvd/CdRom Drive
Cd/Cd-rw Drive
Floppy Drive
Hard Drive : 20 Gb :eek:
Power Supply 400 watt
On Board Sound : Crystal Sound Fusion

Can I Even do anything with this besides upgrade my memory ?

You can upgrade everything on it.
But I wouldn't bother spending the money to upgrade it. Just save up for a better one.

The only thing that I might consider is maybe add another hard drive to it. You can always reuse those things even later on just for storage.

Or you can try overclocking it.

Hmm Good suggestions but i never overclocked anything yet lol and about how much more can i get out of this by overclocking ?
I Might keep this computer how it is and add another harddrive to it and build a new system that can be my Gaming / regular computer .

I'd recommend building a nice new gaming rig and using this as a linux/folding box. No reason not to fold on it and you may as well learn to use linux a bit. It could come in very handy one day.

Nukem said:
Keep this one as a folding machine and build another one for you... and fold on that one as well! :D

beat me too it....i was gunna tell him to use it for folding.....o well if you dont want to fold on it....give it to me so i can!!!

dont upgrade..... just get a new computer......:D

Ok its Final i willl build another computer :) but i'm still am going to paint this one. I will start a new thread for my new computer one i have some money which won't be for a while :( But i will keep you all updated

I'd recommend taking that computer and fooling around with linux and XGL with it. I dream for a spare computer like that!

Tolkien you should drop by a local thrift store or something then. My linux box is a 700mhz celeron/256mb/12gb whitebox I bought at Savers for $10, all it needed was a new psu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom