Power Supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.
it was 199.99 and guy took off 20 bucks cause i knew him personally
(but i know now i shoulda got that other 700 watt one for 155.55)

and nagsga or whatever ur name is my system is stable what are you talking about?

Lol, so you spent $180 on a PSU that gives 24W more than a $40 PSU and one that gives no apparent improvement in quality? Nice work. :D

That's the magic that is Forton.

PM him Keyser, no more trashing up this thread.

this thread has become an absolute shambles. you guys have no idea how difficult is for me to clean up your mess. i didn't have time to read everything (and i couldn't in split mode) so i've removed the worst posts so i can review them. rest assured there may be a few PMs being sent out.

personally i think everyone involved (you know who you are) should PM TriEclipse and apologise for completely hijacking his thread (try not to make it sound contrived). not only has it been hijacked but it has been hijacked with circumventions of the curse filter and flaming.

i am only leaving this thread unlocked as an experiment. the discussion can continue and you all have a chance to prove you have some maturity. ruin it and i'll delete all the posts and you'll have to bear the consequences.

personally i would like to see the discussion continue in a mature way as i have better things to do than babysit, also it would be great to see some of you redeem yourselves. however as i said before, post at your own peril. if you can't control yourselves you'll have to accept the consequences. there is no real benefit here other than earning some respect, conversely if you can restrain yourselves there is nothing to lose either.

this is the internet people, not real life.

yes i know this is insane, a moderator double posting :D. i want to keep this seperate from my previous post though.

i've been back through the thread and cleaned up the stuff i didn't move. if anyone reads something they think should be changed report the post and i'll get to it. better still i think it would be good if you talked it out via PM with the person so as to get rid of the original cause. when i say talk i don't mean complain.

the original post has been stickied

I just bought the OCZ 700watt GameXStream as well, but now that I have read this thread, I am somewhat regretting it. I bought the PSU simply because I had this idea that more watts = better PSU. I know now that I would not even come close to needing that much wattage for my system. (Just look at my sig.)

However, I was going to go with the Hiper 580watt Modular PSU. It was about 100$, and they had deals and rebates on the OCZ to make it about 119$, and I thought, "what the heck..." Personally, I don't have the time and energy to go through the specs of every component in my system to calculate the minimum requirements for my PSU. I don't think that is really worth it, but perhaps I am wrong.

The question I do have about this subject is this: if I have a 700watt PSU, I am still only drawing the wattage from the combined requirements of my system, correct? ...because if I am drawing a constant 700watts then I had better get a smaller wattage PSU. :eek:

Your electricity is measured by the KW/H right? I would hate to know how much it is costing me to play Oblivion per hour with a 1KW PSU. :mad:

well assume an efficiency of ~80% for your psu. then we get a total draw of 875w at full load (700/0.8). a KW/h is measured as the amount of energy (so technically not power if you want to talk physics ;)) a 1KW device would use in an hour, which is 3.6MJ. power is the number of joules of energy per second therefore 1KW/h is 60x60x1000 or 3.6MJ. if you coul estimate the power usage of your system components, divide the total by 0.8 and then multiply by 3600 you will get the amount of energy used an hour. divide the total by 3,600,000 (3.6MJ) and you will have the number of KW/h :). then multiply that total by your electrical company's charge per unit (unit of course being KW/h) and you have the cost per hour of your pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom