how to make a windows startup messege?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoticBoy

Baseband Member
i want a popup that starts when windows loads when iv logged in i want it to pop up and say "*********" (where * is substituted for what i wanna say)

i know it can be done because they did it at our college when it was "level 3 security" and we had to wear our badges at all times lol

as someone said i dont want it to open a notepad file i just want a simple pop up like the ones u get when theres an error or something which u can just close by clicking on the "x" or one that has an "ok" or "cancel" button

does anyone know and FREE programs (or one tha i can get da serial of kazaa lol) that i can download like this?

by the way i dont no any code or scripting so i cant make it myself im a complete nube at that kinda stuff but i know how to use msconfig thats as far as i go lol

thanks

You can do that through system registry.

1. Click Start, click Run, and type "regedit" (without quotes) to launch your Registry Editor.

2. Navigate to the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

3. Right-click LegalNoticeCaption, click Modify, and type whatever caption you'd like your message window to have.

4. Click OK.

5. Right-click LegalNoticeText, click Modify, and type your message.

6. Close the editor.

Yes, it can be done through the registry but it's also a Local Security Policy.
Are you running NT, 2000 or XP? Do you have Admin rights?

For XP
Just goto Control Panel, Administrative Tools > LSP > Local Policy > Security Options > Interactive Logon: Message text for users attempting to log on
And then the one below it "Message title....."

For 2000, it's basically in the same place, just has a little different verbiage.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom