Power Supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.
fade2black2004 said:
Fortron> Antec is an opinion not a fact.

There are more amps on the 400W Forton than on the 400W Antec. Fact.

The number of Amps on the +12v rail is a major factor in determining the quality of a PSU. Fact.

The 400W Forton is better than the 400W Antec. Fact. Transitive Property at work.

gmanych said:
Would a E6600, 8800GTX, Asus P5B, Sata HDD, 3 Fans cope with 600W

That setup would cope with the 400W PSU I linked in my first post.

And it depends on which 600W you're talking about. Some 600Ws are good and have lots of amps on the +12v rails. That makes them overkill. Other 600W PSUs are bad and have few amps on the +12v rails, which kind of beats the purpose of buying a high-wattage PSU.

tri just so you know i have a 650 watt antec not a 400.
which i paid 100 bucks for i dont see any psu for that price thats as good imo

EDIT: ^ see thats what im talking about, is that really necessary. you can get your opinions and whatnot across to people without being an *******

tri-e, when you say 'a few amps', how many is that?
i notice that most psu's that i have looked at have no more than 18-20 A per rail.
not being fecicious, just wondering
¿ eeeeeeeeeeeeee?
sorry dude just had to do the ¿

nagasama said:
tri-e, when you say 'a few amps', how many is that?
i notice that most psu's that i have looked at have no more than 18-20 A per rail.

That's because of the ATX2.0 standards. Intel set new standards that said that each +12v rail shouldn't have more than 18A each because any more would cause instability and deliver "dirty" power. This led to the rise of the Dual, and Triple, and now Quad +12v rails.

I'm not quite sure when I said "a few amps" but I'll take your word for it. In the 400W Antec's case, the amps were 10A on +12v1 and 15A on the +12v2. In the Forton's case, the amps were 18A on +12v1 and 16A on +12v2. Combined, the Forton delivered 9A, or 108W more, on it's +12v rails to the components.

nagasama said:
dude i told nitestick to post your original thread.

If he does that, then I need to be allowed to edit the post and include information from another long post that I made 3 posts below the first one. I think the addition is critical for people to understand the point, and the loss of the second post wouldn't be very convenient.

keyser09 said:
Yo tri check dis out tell me how many amps i got on my 12v rail

What PSU do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom