Power Supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.
TriEclipse said:
Then you haven't learned anything from this thread and you're as much of as fool as you were before this was posted.

it makes me a fool because i trust my antec more than any 50 psu?

no it doesnt

just because your a Fortron fanboy dont call me a fool for trusting another company. i will buy ten of my antecs before i will buy one of your fortrons.

not because fortron is a bad company i just dont trust any other psu manufacturer besides antec thats jst my opinion

im not a fool, you are for not being able to accept that someone disagrees with you and your OPINIONS

All Tri is saying that people on this forum have recommended psu's that are a huge overkill. I agree with Tri. I would still recommend a 500watt+ psu for medium to high pcs. Only for 8xxx series SLI would you need a 700watt OCZ psu. My system was once powered by a 450watt fsp psu and it ran fine, stable for that. (overclocked cpu and video card.) Only reason I upgraded was all of the wires and I liked the look Hipers 580watt. (Not to mention hiper is a good brand.)

^Hope that answered your question. I know it is a poorly written paragraph with 0 organization.

PS: Amps is most important.

keyser09 said:
but what about going from tri's recommended 300 watt to a 400?or even 550?

I'm recommending a 400W. Atleast read the d*mn post would you. And no, overclocking will still not bring it even close to maxing out the PSU. Not even close, lol.

And how many times do we have to tell you not to judge a PSU by it's Watts? That "400W" Forton PSU is like most of the other "550W" PSUs out there.

Stop argueing Fortron and Antec are both reliable brands. But don't forget about the little Antec incident with there internal connections.

reckliss said:
I would still recommend a 500watt+ psu for medium to high pcs.

Glad you agree with me but...why would you recommend a 500W+ PSU? Quad Core + 2GB RAM + WD Raptor + 8800GTX not high-end enough? That stuff would run on the 400W PSU easily as demonstrated by my first post. 8800GTX SLI, I would recommend the 550W Antec True Power Trio, but not much more.

Unless you meant that there are PSUs that are less efficient than the Forton and would provide the same amount of power but still call themselves a higher Wattage PSU.

^i wasn't trying to argue that antec was better then fortron i was just saying that i prefer antec over any other brand.

he needs to realize that people like there own brand thats just the way people are and just because someone disagrees with him on something he goes off about it.

your psu is probably a very good one dont get me wrong. but wether i need this many watts or not i still choose it over a 400wat any day

reckliss said:
Fortron would beat TT. Its close with FSP and Antec. OCZ would beat FSP.

Dude u actually dont think thermaltake would kick fortons welfare ***?lmao thermaltake antec and ozc are the best psu's i have ever come by ive had a thermaltake and a raidmax and my friend has an antec and ozc and this fortron looks like **** thermaltake is my personal favorite it is the most stable/reliable psu i have ever owned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom