Building a New puter..need some opinions please

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellFireRS

Baseband Member
Hey guys, new member here.

Ok here goes....

I currently own a Dell (yes i know) 8300 series computer.
Specs:
P4 3.2HT
1024 Ram
GeForce 6800gt 256mb V card
SoundBlaster Audigy2 Sound

I would say fairly good specs..yet it runs horrible. Ive concluded that it most likly has to do with my cooling. Stock Dell case has one cpu fan. CPU Runs around 50c Idle and my Vid card Runs around 60c Idle. Ive red lined on the video card plenty on times, hence cooling issues.

Ive recently Made some new purchases from newegg to start my new computer odyessy.

**ViewSonic 19'' Widerscreen Flat
**Antec Performance case w/ 3x120mm fans.
**Zalman VF900 Fan/ heatsink for my 6800gt
**And a Thermaltake Spark7 Cpu Fan/ heatsink.

Now ill still need a Mobo, heres what one im thinking of getting:
eVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR Socket T (LGA 775) NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

And i also plan on getting the E6600 Core Duo.

Now heres my question: My case will have 3 x 120mm fans + my Cpu fan + my Vid card fan...would i have enough 3 prong or whatever it would be plugins to run these? I plan on getting a 600+watt Power supply (pls reccomend one) Would there be splicing wires involved to run this?

Any info you guys can throw my way would be eagerly soaked up by me. Im not too concerned about the cost of the items, but i dont want to spend a whole paycheck on one thing ;). This would, hopefully, become a great gaming computer with overclocking potential, if needed.

Thanks guys.

Here's a good power supply.

Also, if the motherboard doesn't have enough 3-pronged connectors, you can use an adapter to connect it directly to the power supply. (Although you can't monitor speeds.)

And it seems that that case's fans actually do directly go into the power supply via 4-pin Molex connectors.

And you're going to need a video card; I would suggest this, unless you don't like the price.

Thanks for the info bud, that video card has caught my eye more than once and the price looks like a good deal...ill prolly pick up both these items...Thanks again

-eddie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom