noise after i shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.

oblivion

Baseband Member
Well, everytime my computers off, i hear a very high pitched sound coming from my computer. I have no clue what it is and i was wondering if any of you guys would know. I would check....but im lazy xD

oblivion said:
Well, everytime my computers off, i hear a very high pitched sound coming from my computer. I have no clue what it is and i was wondering if any of you guys would know. I would check....but im lazy xD

Sounds like a cheap power supply with garbage capacitors. I know emachine psu units do this..

If it is a really kind of hard to hear high-pitched sound it could possibly be the capacitors on the MB but I don't think its a prob that u can hear them. It's like in a camera when u turn the flash on u can hear the sound when its charging

thing is....its on non-stop. It only turns off when i start up my comp. There a way i can turn it off somehow without me actually pulling the plug???

oblivion said:
thing is....its on non-stop. It only turns off when i start up my comp. There a way i can turn it off somehow without me actually pulling the plug???

Oh yes, replace the capacitors on your motherboard, if the sound doesn't stop, replace the ones in your PSU...

are you positive it's the computer? i've known of some monitors that would do that when they went into power saving mode. A high pitched.. BEEEEE hehe, yea anyways, just check to make sure =/

yea thats my monitor. somtimes when i leave it on long and when i play a game or w/e.. it starts to make that noise. its high pitched but its like not loud. Im getting a new monitor anyway so. Its a old one. Its from a pentium III dell.

Monster00 said:
yea thats my monitor. somtimes when i leave it on long and when i play a game or w/e.. it starts to make that noise. its high pitched but its like not loud. Im getting a new monitor anyway so. Its a old one. Its from a pentium III dell.

I had a ProView monitor that did that, it blew up after a year, just after the warrantee expired..

well, fixing it now is a waste cause im buuilding a new comp. But meh......probably my mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom